Should I wait for next gen GPU

Suryansh5545

I am going to build a pc for game development in march to be more specific to use Unreal engine 4. But seeing all this that rdna2 is going to be releasing in 2020 and nvidia ampere will also release in 2020 with 50% boost . I can't decide weather I should just go ahead and do it or wait for the new gpu to release?

If you wait you’ll have a product that will only work on the newest stuff and you may block your market.  If your system only works with a $600 gpu, that gets added to the cost of the product of a potential user doesn’t have one.  Depends on what you are making of course.  The new cards might have stuff you want to implement, but an older card can get basics out of the way since there won’t be a whole lot of change and you can at least start development now.

If you want to develop I would think you’d probably want more than one older GPU anyway.  Both an older Nvidia and older AMD card.  Set your minimum bar.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.