upgrading cpu

Ls9L

so i have a ryzen 5 3400g and im about to buy a ryzen 7 2700x to upgrade. do i have to do anything other than take the cpu out and put the new one in??? or is it that simple?

motherboard- MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX

and other question is my motherboard good? because it looks like a 1999 windows xp library prebuilt lol

Nope, it's fine. How much do you pay for 2700x?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Hold on, Your going from a third gen ryzen 5 to a second gen ryzen 7??? Why would you do that lmao

your motherboard is good and it's as easy as taking the old one out and putting the new one in.

what is your use case? for gaming, i'd recommend a 3600 instead of the 2700

Just now, GenericFanboy said:

Hold on, Your going from a third gen ryzen 5 to a second gen ryzen 7??? Why would you do that lmao

the 3400 is still on zen+, like the 2700. so it's same gen. but I agree, it's kind of a side-grade. sure, more cores, but not more speed per core.

3 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Nope, it's fine. How much do you pay for 2700x?

$164.49

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

your motherboard is good and it's as easy as taking the old one out and putting the new one in.

what is your use case? for gaming, i'd recommend a 3600 instead of the 2700

yeah im gaming. im getting the ryzen 7 2700x because its cheaper and it has a bigger heatsink with rgb and i dont have enough money for after market cooling 

4 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

yeah the ryzen 7 2700x is still way better than the ryzen 5 3400g 

Just now, Ls9L said:

yeah im gaming. im getting the ryzen 7 2700x because its cheaper and it has a bigger heatsink with rgb and i dont have enough money for after market cooling 

could go for 2600x, will be even cheaper, it's got a big sink, but no rgb.

5 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

there was no xp back in 1999, it was released in 2001

i wasnt trying to be historically correct lmao it was a joke because my motherboard is ugly