LANCOOL II - 3X

Klips_USA

I bought a LANCOOL II, with the LANCOOL II - 3X hot swap kit.  There are three bays in the cage, but they only included (2) sata cables.  Are they just being cheap?  Am I missing something?

On 1/29/2020 at 11:06 PM, Klips_USA said:

I bought a LANCOOL II, with the LANCOOL II - 3X hot swap kit.  There are three bays in the cage, but they only included (2) sata cables.  Are they just being cheap?  Am I missing something?

The SATA power cables are not required to have 1 for each HDD. My Level 10 GT has a 5 Sata plug back plane for it's HDD's, but is all powered by a single SATA connector. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I was referring to the actual SATA data connection.  There are (3) connections for the hot swap board, but they only included (2) SATA data cables.  I’m guessing they thought that they would save a few cents on only giving you the (2) cables.  The backplane has (2) SATA power pig tales coming off the board.  Not sure why that was just connection.

• 2 months later...

Mine came with 3. Just got it last week.