Strange issue with dual monitors

So I just got a new PC and tried to connect my 2 monitors to it. If I have 1 monitor connected, it works fine, but when i connect my second monitor - it works normally for about 30 seconds to a minute, and then the monitors turn off, aswell as my keyboard and mouse (indicated by the LED lights turning off) and im gonna assume everything else connected shuts off too, but the PC itself is still running - i can hear the fans. This is a really unique problem that I couldnt find a solution too anywhere else, so thats why im posting here. The monitors are connected to HDMI ports using adaptors.

I'm using a RX 580, a Ryzen 2600 on a B450 Pro4. For more reference, I'll attach a full list of the stuff my PC is using. Really hoping I can find a solution soon, cuz this is giving me grey hairs at this point LOL

1ad3e9f77a9efa2622c10e7ced5fc37d.png

What are you adapting from? VGA to HDMI, Display Port to HDMI or something else?

24 minutes ago, Rancidpunk said:

What are you adapting from? VGA to HDMI, Display Port to HDMI or something else?

both monitors are VGA to HDMI

22 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

You may need active adapters to run more than one monitor.

I honestly don't even know what those are LOL my previous PC was able to run dual monitors without a problem though, oddly

If your chipset, bios and GPU drivers are up to date you may need active adapters like TempestCatto said. Just google "vga to hdmi active adapters" for more info.

3 hours ago, Rancidpunk said:

If your chipset, bios and GPU drivers are up to date you may need active adapters like TempestCatto said. Just google "vga to hdmi active adapters" for more info.

I tried plugging my monitors into pretty much all of my display ports and it always gives me the same result: if only 1 monitor is connected, it runs perfectly. As soon as there's 2 - it craps itself lmao. What does an "active" adapter even do that's supposed to help?

Active adapters make the conversion inside the adapter instead of the source machine(your GPU I think). I think it's something to do with a thing I vaguely recall being called something like DP+ being supported by your GPU but I'm not really clued in on that - it should be in the spec of your GPU.