factory reset?

Go to solution Solved by minibois,

Hey, welcome to the forum

2 minutes ago, GwnQuentin said:

1. Will it slow down / do some other bad thing to my PC?

2. Will my second D:\ disk get wiped to (i want that wiped too btw)

1. No, a reinstall/reset will do no harm. Be sure to backup any files before attempting this

2. if you are going to use the Windows 10 built-in way to reset (Settings > Update and Security > Recovery - Get Started > etc.) you can choose either if you want all stations (like C:, D:, etc.) to get wiped or not.

Be sure to backup all files before-hand. You can also choose for Windows to just 'remove itself' or 'deepclean itself' from the drive. The deepclean I would only recommend if you were to sell the PC. It just takes too long.

Hi,

My PC is filling up with garbage and stuff and its getting slower...

i want to reset windows to a clean "install" so i can start clean (only thing what will hurt me is GTA V 2 day download again xD)

i have 2 questions about this:

thank

- Quentin

2 minutes ago, GwnQuentin said:

1. No, a reinstall/reset will do no harm. Be sure to backup any files before attempting this

2. if you are going to use the Windows 10 built-in way to reset (Settings > Update and Security > Recovery - Get Started > etc.) you can choose either if you want all stations (like C:, D:, etc.) to get wiped or not.

Be sure to backup all files before-hand. You can also choose for Windows to just 'remove itself' or 'deepclean itself' from the drive. The deepclean I would only recommend if you were to sell the PC. It just takes too long.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, minibois said:

Thanks!