Hoping for some good suggestions

Icyinferno

Ok, so I'm looking for a decent audio solution for now until I can come up with some extra money... I'd like a headset/microphone combo over ear if at all possible.. I don't have a huge budget right now, only around $30~$50. Right now I'm rocking a headset from Freds dollar store for around $8 :blink:  :blush:  and I'd really like to upgrade my comfort level and my audio experience. Plan on using the headset for skype/mumble, music/movies, and games... also would it be better to wait until I have a larger budget to get something a little more pricier? IE around $150 budget

DT 990 pro's for sure if all you listen to is electronic or you just like bass and treble + it's quiet open for positional audio.

If you listen to music with more emphasis on mids, get HD 558's.

I'd hold off, OP. Better to keep that pool of money you have now and put it towards something good.

That said, you can buy a Blue Snowflake mic right now, and grab a cheap/comfy set of headphones. Then, when you want nicer headphones you continue using the mic. I just bought a $10 headphone to try out, but will likely list it in the classifieds once done.

Ok, That is what I was thinking would be best.  :D  Time to feed the piggy bank for a while!