Which 5700xt?

GeoHandle
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

I would go with the nitro since it's sexiest and also Sapphire's warranty services are known to be pretty great.

I've searched around, done some research, looked at reviews etc and have now pretty much decided im getting a 5700xt. However, which 5700xt should I get? My computer will be using a 3700x (im currently using a 3200G, the 3700x I originally got was faulty), 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3733Mhz RAM (Patriot Viper Steel Series, currently running at 3466Mhz), on a MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus motherboard, with a corsair RM850x power supply. My monitor is 1440p 144Hz. I might sell it on later when the new graphics cards come out this year and ive got more money to spend, so if one particular card is likely to hold its value for longer that might be better, but I don't want to skimp out now and not have the performance I otherwise could in the mean time. I've pretty much narrowed the choices down to the Red Devil, the Sapphire Nitro+ or the Thicc III. The Red Devil and Nitro+ are both £399, and the Thicc III is £375. Out of the three I like the look of the Thicc III the best, and its cheaper too, but it also came out later and so has a lot less reviews. The case i'm using the the NZXT H510, its airflow isn't bad but it isn't absolutely amazing either, so how good the temps for each card is might matter more than they otherwise would. Which of these cards is the best choice at these price points? Is there another card that's just as good or that is likely to hold its value better around the same price or cheaper?

I would go with the nitro since it's sexiest and also Sapphire's warranty services are known to be pretty great.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

MSI Gaming X has done well on reviews. And at least here it has longer warranty than Sapphire or Powercolor.

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

I have pulled the trigger, £405.47 including delivery. My wallet feels lighter already.

Just now, GeoHandle said:

My wallet feels lighter already.

A bittersweet sensation, I know it well

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

They all generally perform around the same and can be tuned to be within acceptable/decent thermal perimeters (maybe for the TUF).

You're generally paying for looks and noise.

I chose the cheapest one and I don't regret it at all.

Regarding the XFX THICC II thermal issues, XFX is sending out retrofitting parts for improved thermals and the III should be already fine.

As far as overclocking goes, see here:

it's not a huge improvement, and so the extra thermal headroom in the more expensive cards might not be a factor for you.

Especially at a large price gap, perhaps consider a 2070s instead.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 hours ago, GeoHandle said:

I've searched around, done some research, looked at reviews etc and have now pretty much decided im getting a 5700xt. However, which 5700xt should I get? My computer will be using a 3700x (im currently using a 3200G, the 3700x I originally got was faulty), 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3733Mhz RAM (Patriot Viper Steel Series, currently running at 3466Mhz), on a MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus motherboard, with a corsair RM850x power supply. My monitor is 1440p 144Hz. I might sell it on later when the new graphics cards come out this year and ive got more money to spend, so if one particular card is likely to hold its value for longer that might be better, but I don't want to skimp out now and not have the performance I otherwise could in the mean time. I've pretty much narrowed the choices down to the Red Devil, the Sapphire Nitro+ or the Thicc III. The Red Devil and Nitro+ are both £399, and the Thicc III is £375. Out of the three I like the look of the Thicc III the best, and its cheaper too, but it also came out later and so has a lot less reviews. The case i'm using the the NZXT H510, its airflow isn't bad but it isn't absolutely amazing either, so how good the temps for each card is might matter more than they otherwise would. Which of these cards is the best choice at these price points? Is there another card that's just as good or that is likely to hold its value better around the same price or cheaper?

While not the best looking or even best performing card the $400-$410 Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT is the best buy.  Dual bios, dual fans, back plate, quiet, and only $10 MSRP above reference anything above this is kind of excessive.  I have one and while I am not a fan of the styling or use of cheap plastic it runs cool, quiet, and pairs really well with a Free Sync monitor.  

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42"