PCI 4.0 Splitter

Hey Guys,

Wondering if any of you have stumbled upon any pci 4.0 16x to 2 8x splitters as I am looking to do a Thredripper build and would need 6 GPUs for various things but cant find any boards with that feature. Anyone know if any cards or cables have that ability yet?

2 minutes ago, greenchev89 said:

Hey Guys,

Wondering if any of you have stumbled upon any pci 4.0 16x to 2 8x splitters as I am looking to do a Thredripper build and would need 6 GPUs for various things but cant find any boards with that feature. Anyone know if any cards or cables have that ability yet?

dont think you can just "split" a pci slot. you would need a board that can support 6 GPUs. which would mean a build costing 10000$USD+

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

The motherboard needs to support a feature known as bifurcation which is usually only seen on servers or very high-end desktop/workstation boards. The only splitters you'll likely find won't be ribbon cables but a rigid PCB with 2 or 3 slots.

I have heard there are some AICs that exist in the enterprise which actively splits the slot (serves the bifurcation function) without the motherboard needing to but it doesn't seem likely for you to adapt one of those to work in this situation.

You're better off finding a board that simply has the number of slots you require.

If you're insistent off the top of my head I can think of a way to rig it but it'd be sketchy and a good outcome would not be a guarantee.