AIO pump and fan on ITX Mobo

xco

Hi,

So I have the Gigabyte X570-i Aorus pro wifi motherboard, and the Corsair H60 AIO. The mobo has no dedicated pump header, and only has a CPU fan header, and one Sys-fan header. I have two splitters, and initially connected the pump and radiator fan to the CPU fan header; then the two case fans to the Sys-fan header. 

However, my radiator fan would wildy keep going from low RPM to high RPM no matter what I was doing on my PC at the time. So, I was wondering what is the better/preferred config for this 2 case fans, 1 pump, and 1 radiator fan conundrum I seem to be having. 

This is my first build, and here is everything I have:

Any help would greatly be appreciated. As, tbh, I have no idea what I'm doing. 

Thanks,

RM

Your original config is fine, the problem is Ryzen boosts frequently for light loads and that causes the fans to spike up for a few seconds, whereas the temp has already fallen, and it repeats over and over again.  Just create a flat-ish fan curve starting around the temps your CPU idles at and ramp it up slowly to about 65c.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

6 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Your original config is fine, the problem is Ryzen boosts frequently for light loads and that causes the fans to spike up for a few seconds, whereas the temp has already fallen, and it repeats over and over again.  Just create a flat-ish fan curve starting around the temps your CPU idles at and ramp it up slowly to about 65c.

Thank you Samfisher! I will try that now. I actually just tried Time Spy with my Radiator fan connected to my Sys-fan header and then just left my top case fan off, and my CPU score was the same as what i had mentioned before. But my gpu score was ~250 points higher? But I will definitely do as you suggested, as my CPU temps where reaching mid-80's where as before they only got to high 60's.

39 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

I have attached a video of what my bios is showing. The fan itself doesn't sound any different, but the bios is... well I've attached the video. 

39 minutes ago, xco said:

I have attached a video of what my bios is showing. The fan itself doesn't sound any different, but the bios is... well I've attached the video. 

Bahahaha wtf is that going 7500 rpm xD 

On 1/21/2020 at 4:20 AM, Samfisher said:

Bahahaha wtf is that going 7500 rpm xD 

Lol, it doesn't do that in reality, it's just that's what the bios says it's doing. Ice tweaked it enough now so it's fine, but the bios is still freaking out. 

2 hours ago, xco said:

Lol, it doesn't do that in reality, it's just that's what the bios says it's doing. Ice tweaked it enough now so it's fine, but the bios is still freaking out. 

Report it to the manufacturer, they can take a look and update compatibility in their next BIOS update.  I know Gigabyte's reps are pretty active in the overclock.net forums and a few other places like Reddit.