Using Laptop as a Streaming PC.

Hello Everyone,

My first post here so I apologise if this is in wrong section! Anyway....

I am planning to start the streaming grind by the end of the current month or early February and I sort of set my mind on doing it using 2 PC's (well Laptop as a streaming machine and PC as a gaming PC). What I would like to know whether using Laptop seems like a viable option. The only reason why I want to do that mainly is to utilise it so it doesn't just lay there and does absolutely nothing considering I spent fortune on it at the time and if I can somehow utilise it then that would be great!. The laptop in question is Asus Strix GL502VS (i7 6700HQ, GTX1070 16gb RAM)

On paper the laptop is still pretty usuable for video games and what not and I should also mention that I have Elgato capture card because like I said when planning I was going to use the laptop as the stream device and allow my PC to run games on good settings. The PC I currently have is: Rog Strix B450-F Gaming mobo, R5 2600 Stock Speed, Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64, 16gb RAM at 3000Mhz.

Essentially just want to know people's opinion on that idea/matter, Thanks!

You can, just get an external capture card to connect to your laptop, set up OBS on it, then connect a HDMI/DP cable (whatever is requires by the capture card) from your desktop GPU to the capture card.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I think it's absolutely capable of doing what you want it to... Just need the right hardware.