New computer doesn't post after working for a few days

midnitesite

my hardware:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KyKc4n

I recently upgraded my computer, bought everything new except my 1060 and SSD which I already had. I assembled everything, and my it ran great for a few days, until, while playing Path of Exile, my computer completely froze. I force shut-down, by holding down the power button, and after that, the computer will not post. All the fans start up, lights turn on, but I get nothing on my monitor.

Things I've tried:

• Re-seating everything, multiple times
  • Using a different GPU
  • Using a different PSU
  • Using a new motherboard, same model
  • Switching around the RAM modules, using different DIMM slots
  • Cleared the CMOS on the first motherboard, haven't tried it on the new motherboard
  • All of this has been tried outside of the case on the motherboard's box
  • My GPU definitely works, it works completely normally with my old computer

Some other notes:

• When turning on my PSU, sometimes the system automatically turns itself on, don't know what is up with that
  • As far as I know, the EZ debug LEDs are supposed to each turn on one by one when booting, but only the CPU LED turns on and off. The DRAM, VGA, and BOOT LEDs never turn on

I'm completely at a loss here. Any help is appreciated.

3 minutes ago, midnitesite said:

my hardware:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KyKc4n

I recently upgraded my computer, bought everything new except my 1060 and SSD which I already had. I assembled everything, and my it ran great for a few days, until, while playing Path of Exile, my computer completely froze. I force shut-down, by holding down the power button, and after that, the computer will not post. All the fans start up, lights turn on, but I get nothing on my monitor.

Things I've tried:

• Re-seating everything, multiple times
  • Using a different GPU
  • Using a different PSU
  • Using a new motherboard, same model
  • Switching around the RAM modules, using different DIMM slots
  • Cleared the CMOS on the first motherboard, haven't tried it on the new motherboard
  • All of this has been tried outside of the case on the motherboard's box
  • My GPU definitely works, it works completely normally with my old computer

Some other notes:

• When turning on my PSU, sometimes the system automatically turns itself on, don't know what is up with that
  • As far as I know, the EZ debug LEDs are supposed to each turn on one by one when booting, but only the CPU LED turns on and off. The DRAM, VGA, and BOOT LEDs never turn on

I'm completely at a loss here. Any help is appreciated.

have you tried to start it with nothing connected other than the monitor cable  ?

1 minute ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

have you tried to start it with nothing connected other than the monitor cable  ?

By nothing connected, do you mean just power to CPU, motherboard, GPU, and monitor connected? If so, yes.

Just now, midnitesite said:

By nothing connected, do you mean just power to CPU, motherboard, GPU, and monitor connected? If so, yes.

no, imean nothing in terms of usb and other io stuff. just a screen cable. everything inside the case should ofc stay connected 

no, imean nothing in terms of usb and other io stuff. just a screen cable. everything inside the case should ofc stay connected 

That's what I was asking if you meant. Yes

2 minutes ago, midnitesite said:

That's what I was asking if you meant. Yes

no boot codes on the mobo?

no boot codes on the mobo?

This motherboard doesn't have a speaker, as far as i know, but it has the EZ debug LEDs.

Just now, midnitesite said:

This motherboard doesn't have a speaker, as far as i know, but it has the EZ debug LEDs.

thats what i mean with boot codes. it should have 4 (5?) leds somewhere near the 24pin iirc. should help you to narrow down what the issue is

thats what i mean with boot codes. it should have 4 (5?) leds somewhere near the 24pin iirc. should help you to narrow down what the issue is

As far as I know, the EZ debug LEDs are supposed to each turn on one by one when booting, but only the CPU LED turns on and off. The DRAM, VGA, and BOOT LEDs never turn on

1 minute ago, midnitesite said:

oh right. no idea havent had that specific mobo. is it possible to boot with out the cpu? should tell you if its related to a broken cpu

7 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

oh right. no idea havent had that specific mobo. is it possible to boot with out the cpu? should tell you if its related to a broken cpu

Just tried without the CPU. Didn't seem to change anything other than the CPU debug LED staying on.