NEED HELP new pc with very high CPU usage

Will-Vickers

I have recently built the PC and i chose a I5 9400f as my proccesser and it always runs at a very high usage and when im playing games it is always 100% no matter what the game, is this a software issue or should i send my CPU back? Here are my complete specs from speccy:
Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 @ 2.90GHz    63 °C
    Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1333MHz (18-18-18-44)
Motherboard
    ASRock B365M Pro4 (CPUSocket)    42 °C
Graphics
    Acer KG241 P (1920x1080@144Hz)
    HDTV (1360x768@60Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (MSI)    62 °C
Storage
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (SATA )    29 °C
    953GB Patriot P200 1TB (SATA (SSD))    40 °C
please let me know if you have anymore questions and any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou.

Look in task manager, is the game using all that CPU power?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Look in task manager, is the game using all that CPU power?

When im in game the New Cod can use as much as 90%

Just now, Will-Vickers said:

When im in game the New Cod can use as much as 90%

Unfortunately, I just looked at benchmarks and it seems the usage you're seeing is relatively normal...

In most games, the 9400F hovers around ~80-100%

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Damn, i should of gone ryzen aha its my first ever build and PC and the 9400f had great reviews, the problems are getting that bad the ICUE isnt even working properly though

9 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Unfortunately, I just looked at benchmarks and it seems the usage you're seeing is relatively normal...

In most games, the 9400F hovers around ~80-100%

Mine will be at 100% no matter the game and this guy is at 1440p when im only at 1080 or does that not effect it?

1 minute ago, Will-Vickers said:

Mine will be at 100% no matter the game and this guy is at 1440p when im only at 1080 or does that not effect it?

It does affect it but in a opposite way. When you lower the resolution, more load is being put onto the CPU because GPU doesn't work as hard to produce each frame.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

1 minute ago, PopsicleHustler said:

It does affect it but in a opposite way. When you lower the resolution, more load is being put onto the CPU because GPU doesn't work as hard to produce each frame.

ah ok

no problem with your cpu. that's just how these "so called" 6/6 cpus work

%100 usage on almost every game released after 2017

it was "ok" so far, but detroit become human is literally "unplayable" with a 6 thread chip. it freezes and stutters. only solution is to hard lock fps to 30... while a 6/12 ryzen 2600 rock solid 60 fps (i5 8400 can give 60 fps too, but stutters and freezes). i bought 8400 when it was released in 2017 ending so i got 2-3 years of gaming out of it, but I feel very bad for those who bought the 9400f willingly despite all the evident problems... i really thought it would not run into issues at least 5-6 years, seeing +2 cores was a huge improvement and at that time, ryzen 1600 seemed so much worse. it was a really bad choice

ac origins was stressing the cpus so much and i thought it was an anomaly. if i knew this would happen, i would get a ryzen 1600 at that point. i was shocked when this cpu couldn't get a glorious 60 fps in ac odyssey. its 60 fps dream was limited to ac origins sadly.

cyberpunk and horizon zero dawn will be the last offenders for me. if they also turn out to be unplayable on i5 9400f-8400 i will sell it and get a ryzen 1600 AF or something. its really becoming unbearable at this point

Since your CPU lacks hyperthreading, there is simply less CPU to be utilized when compared to another CPU with hyperthreading. It is perfectly normal that you are seeing high utilization on a 6 core / 6 thread CPU when compared to a 6 core / 12 thread CPU.