New gaming PC - GPU help needed

Bugses

So I'm going with my first prebuilt PC as the pricing doesn't seem to be high enough for me to consider building myself. Of course, that limits a few things such as brand selection. Just something to keep in mind, as I list the components I've chosen so far.
I thought I had settled on a 5700 XT, but I began hearing some complaint about AMDs software being crap, and that made me think that maybe I should go for a 2070 Super instead? I had picked a Powercolor Red Devil 5700 XT, but I can choose (amongst others but I heard good things about this) a Windforce RTX 2070 Super for $75 more. Should I do that? I'll mainly be playing games such as BF V, RDR 2, PUBG, etc.

Heres the full system:

Fractal Design Meshify C
Ryzen 3600
ASRock B450 Steel Legend - I could get an Asus Strix B450-F for $30 more, should I do that?
16 GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX CL18
650W Cooler Master MWE Bronze

Let me know what you think, please.

Fractal Define R5 - i7-5820K - Noctua DH-D15S - GLH GTX 1070 - Strix X99 Gaming - HyperX Fury 2400MHz 16GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2

11 minutes ago, Bugses said:

ASRock B450 Steel Legend - I could get an Asus Strix B450-F for $30 more, should I do that?

Neither are guarabteed to have the correct Bios.

Swap to the ASrock B450m AC or any MSI Max board with a VRM heatsink. 

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Neither are guarabteed to have the correct Bios.

Swap to the ASrock B450m AC or any MSI Max board with a VRM heatsink. 

It's a prebuilt, so they don't ship it without it supporting the Ryzen 3600.

Fractal Define R5 - i7-5820K - Noctua DH-D15S - GLH GTX 1070 - Strix X99 Gaming - HyperX Fury 2400MHz 16GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2

1 hour ago, Bugses said:

It's a prebuilt, so they don't ship it without it supporting the Ryzen 3600.

Ah, ok. Id stilld do the change for VRM reasons tho.

1 hour ago, Bugses said:

650W Cooler Master MWE Bronze

Any other offerings?

Would suggest changing it.

Edit: looked into it, the PSU is fine

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

Ah, ok. Id stilld do the change for VRM reasons tho.

Any other offerings?

Would suggest changing it.

Edit: looked into it, the PSU is fine

how about CX or RM?

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

1 hour ago, Wolfycapt said:

how about CX or RM?

those would be fine aswell. tho i assume due to it being a pre-build configurator, there are probably limited options. 

I hate my brain sometimes. I'm seriously considering the 9700K now as the FPS increase seems big enough to justify the price difference.

What do you think? The price difference in my country and at this vendor would be $130.

18 minutes ago, Bugses said:

I hate my brain sometimes. I'm seriously considering the 9700K now as the FPS increase seems big enough to justify the price difference.

What do you think? The price difference in my country and at this vendor would be $130.

The 9700k, while faster now, lacks hyperthreading. More and more games are starting to better utilise hyperthreading and to care more about core counts rather than frequencies. So it might be 10% faster than the 3600 with last year's games, but it will probably be 10% slower than the 3600 in next year's games.

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

The 9700k, while faster now, lacks hyperthreading. More and more games are starting to better utilise hyperthreading and to care more about core counts rather than frequencies. So it might be 10% faster than the 3600 with last year's games, but it will probably be 10% slower than the 3600 in next year's games.

Can you provide a list or link that shows which games supports that? Because after all these years, I still haven't come across more than a handful of games that supports it. I'm all for trying to build for the future, but more often than not when it comes to hardware, it's just a mirage.

24 minutes ago, Bugses said:

Can you provide a list or link that shows which games supports that? Because after all these years, I still haven't come across more than a handful of games that supports it. I'm all for trying to build for the future, but more often than not when it comes to hardware, it's just a mirage.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-5-3600/16.html

23 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Thanks. I was using GamersNexus benchmarks and from what I could tell it said that the 9700K was quite a lot in front when it comes to gaming. But I can see on your link that that's not the case.
Okay, so back to 3600 I guess. I had originally thought about a 5700XT for GPU until I remembered that I got a G-Sync monitor, so I thought I would grab a 2070 Super. Would it be stupid to use the money I save on the CPU on a 2080 Super instead?

37 minutes ago, Bugses said:

Thanks. I was using GamersNexus benchmarks and from what I could tell it said that the 9700K was quite a lot in front when it comes to gaming. But I can see on your link that that's not the case.
Okay, so back to 3600 I guess. I had originally thought about a 5700XT for GPU until I remembered that I got a G-Sync monitor, so I thought I would grab a 2070 Super. Would it be stupid to use the money I save on the CPU on a 2080 Super instead?

1080p or 1440p or 4k?

10 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

1080p or 1440p or 4k?

I'd say 2060 super for 1080p, 2070 super for 1440p and 2080 super for 4k

2 hours ago, boggy77 said:

I'd say 2060 super for 1080p, 2070 super for 1440p and 2080 super for 4k

Currently 1440p and I can't see that change anytime soon. It would be stupid to go for 5700 XT with a G-Sync monitor, right?

2 hours ago, Bugses said:

Currently 1440p and I can't see that change anytime soon. It would be stupid to go for 5700 XT with a G-Sync monitor, right?

Yes, you're better off with nvidia gpu if you have gsync