Keyboard and TouchPad not working

dylanthompson2

The keyboard and touch pad on my 1st Gen surface Laptop isn't working. I have tried restarting and installing the latest update.

Did it work before? Is this a new issue? Is the device new (to you) or have you owned it for a while?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

11 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Did it work before? Is this a new issue? Is the device new (to you) or have you owned it for a while?

It has worked before. I have owned it for a year.

7 minutes ago, dylanthompson2 said:

It has worked before. I have owned it for a year.

What changed between when it worked and now? Did you update anything? Hell, did you spill anything on/into the device? Maybe dropped it?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

What changed between when it worked and now? Did you update anything? Hell, did you spill anything on/into the device? Maybe dropped it?

It has been dropped.

1 hour ago, dylanthompson2 said:

It has been dropped.

Something probably broke internally

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

2 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Something probably broke internally

Ok, the power button still works though.

7 minutes ago, dylanthompson2 said:

Ok, the power button still works though.

Isn't that on the tablet part? Is the device under warranty?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Isn't that on the tablet part? Is the device under warranty?

It is a key on the keyboard. It isn't under warranty anymore.

9 hours ago, dylanthompson2 said:

It is a key on the keyboard. It isn't under warranty anymore.

Yeah I think something is internally broken. The power button is probably on its own circuit but don't quote me on that. Does the connector look OK?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

43 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Yeah I think something is internally broken. The power button is probably on its own circuit but don't quote me on that. Does the connector look OK?

It's really not possible for me to look without destroying the whole computer.

28 minutes ago, dylanthompson2 said:

It's really not possible for me to look without destroying the whole computer.

Isn't the connector an external little tab thing?

I hate to break it to you but I think something is internally broken. Maybe see if you can find someone with the same device and try their keyboard on yours as well as your keyboard on their's.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Isn't the connector an external little tab thing?

I hate to break it to you but I think something is internally broken. Maybe see if you can find someone with the same device and try their keyboard on yours as well as your keyboard on their's.

I'll just buy a keyboard and mouse.