Audio Switch

inflex2

Hey

I'm pretty terrible in audio and I'm looking for a solution to my problem. I do own Focusrite Scarlett Solo right now, and I have connected headphones to it. I own 2 pairs and I'd like to connect them both via some extender I guess (?) and switch audio between them, does something like this exist? Because for now, I've been just connecting and disconnecting them manually, but maybe there is a way to have them both connected. I've seen some people having connected more than a one pair of headphones to single PC and have them both working, but for me it''d be enough if I can just switch between them. 
I got recommended something like this 2-way switcher 

I hope it isn't too chaotic to understand but for TL;DR I need to swap my PC audio between more than one device, what equipment do I need in order to do this (and not lose quality).

For the second part of the post, do you have any recommendations for headphone amps for my pc? Currently using the Scarlett Solo which is more of a microphone amp, and I want to purchase BT 990 600 ohms version so I'd need something to power that up. Thanks for any recommendations! 

7 hours ago, inflex2 said:

Hey

I'm pretty terrible in audio and I'm looking for a solution to my problem. I do own Focusrite Scarlett Solo right now, and I have connected headphones to it. I own 2 pairs and I'd like to connect them both via some extender I guess (?) and switch audio between them, does something like this exist? Because for now, I've been just connecting and disconnecting them manually, but maybe there is a way to have them both connected. I've seen some people having connected more than a one pair of headphones to single PC and have them both working, but for me it''d be enough if I can just switch between them. 

I hope it isn't too chaotic to understand but for TL;DR I need to swap my PC audio between more than one device, what equipment do I need in order to do this (and not lose quality).

For the second part of the post, do you have any recommendations for headphone amps for my pc? Currently using the Scarlett Solo which is more of a microphone amp, and I want to purchase BT 990 600 ohms version so I'd need something to power that up. Thanks for any recommendations! 

That switch would work perfectly fine, it's just swapping the signal between two different outputs, not splitting the signal, so no problems there.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

32 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

That switch would work perfectly fine, it's just swapping the signal between two different outputs, not splitting the signal, so no problems there.

Thank you very much, was worried if it is enough since the price was relatively cheap and I was concerned about quality. Do you have any amp recommendations for my PC? A one that could power 600Ohms headphones 

4 hours ago, inflex2 said:

Thank you very much, was worried if it is enough since the price was relatively cheap and I was concerned about quality. Do you have any amp recommendations for my PC? A one that could power 600Ohms headphones 

I'm not all too experienced with headphone amps, I'm more a speaker guy. @rice guru could help you though :)

The switch is made by a company called Little Bear, And I use some of their gear for controlling the volume of my studio monitors, it's simply made, but works great. 0 signal degradation issues.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Would this one works better? link
Thank you a lot for your time! I'm not too experienced and audio always seemed like a hard topic from technical side

4 hours ago, inflex2 said:

Thank you a lot for your time! I'm not too experienced and audio always seemed like a hard topic from technical side

That one seems to be for people that have two PC's and one headphone/microphone, so probably not.

2 hours ago, inflex2 said:

If your using rca a schiit heresy, monoprice liquid spark, or jds labs atom should have enough power for a 600 ohm beyerdynamic. 

4 hours ago, Derkoli said:

That one seems to be for people that have two PC's and one headphone/microphone, so probably not.

One last question for you (I really am abusing the fact I can ask such expert any questions I might have) how can I do so when I stream from my PC, the audio I stream (music) is not heard in my headphones but I can still hear my game (music makes streams more enjoyable but it distract me while I play and try hard). Is that even possible? Would I need some kind of mixer or it can be done software wise. 

16 hours ago, inflex2 said:

One last question for you (I really am abusing the fact I can ask such expert any questions I might have) how can I do so when I stream from my PC, the audio I stream (music) is not heard in my headphones but I can still hear my game (music makes streams more enjoyable but it distract me while I play and try hard). Is that even possible? Would I need some kind of mixer or it can be done software wise. 

You can assign different programs to different output devices, so you could assign the game to the headphones, and Spotify etc. to something else.

On 1/11/2020 at 9:58 AM, inflex2 said:

20 hours ago, inflex2 said:

I have one of these and it is good quality. The only difference between these two is that one has separate microphone ports, and one as the all-in-one 4-pin headset port. They are completely passive so they can work in either direction (ie, you can set them up to switch between sources, OR switch between outputs)

Also, check Amazon. They are available in the US for faster shipping.

On 1/12/2020 at 6:30 PM, ShearMe said:

I have one of these and it is good quality. The only difference between these two is that one has separate microphone ports, and one as the all-in-one 4-pin headset port. They are completely passive so they can work in either direction (ie, you can set them up to switch between sources, OR switch between outputs)

Also, check Amazon. They are available in the US for faster shipping.

I'd need it shipped to Europe anyways, thank you for your help!