X5650 Equivalent

i7-980 and the like, any of the 6 core i7 models more or less.

mind you they have faster clocks than that xeon but it overclocks real good to level the playing field

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

i7-980 and the like, any of the 6 core i7 models more or less.

mind you they have faster clocks than that xeon but it overclocks real good to level the playing field

I have a guest computer with a W3690, so it's about the same or worse than that?

3 minutes ago, Helltech said:

Title pretty much, what is the i5 or i7 equivalent of an X5650

If you're talking original generation, you're looking at one of the more expensive 6-core i7 first-gens, like the 980.

If you're up for slightly more modern, a Haswell-E or Ivy Bridge-E chip would do it, but at a price too high for the benefit.

If you're looking at modern CPUs, I'd wager an i3-9100F could beat in pretty easily in a footrace, with something hexa-core like an i5-8400 or 9400F spanking it.

And there's Ryzen, where a Ryzen 5 1600 from a few years ago is way more than adequate.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 minutes ago, Helltech said:

I have a guest computer with a W3690, so it's about the same or worse than that?

same ballpark, its clocks are much higher though.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=52586,47933,58664,47922

I would say at stock the W3690 is among the best of the CPUs of that generation

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad