Thoughts on the Raijintek Ophion Evo

OoferWoofer

Planning on putting an ryzen 5 3600 and either a rtx 2070 or rx 5700xt. Primarily for gaming and 3d modelling on 1080p 144hz or 1440p screen. Wanting to build a sff itx case, I understand that the evo aint exactly a sff but because I already bought a superflower leadex iii 550w psu on black friday I want a case with full sized atx support, and for sff itx theres barely anything. I understand that the ophions sides are abit meh so I decided to get custom side panels made from either aluminium, (standard, stainless, or carbon) or impact modified acrylic. currently got a rough pricing of $60 for both panels but havent made a proper design so this price will differ abit. The basic design is a mix of the aluminium and tempered glass design so perforated sides that have gaps between the side panel and chassis. So in total this'll make my case £170ish. Just wondering if this seems like a good idea. If I went for smaller sff itx cases like the inwin a1 or the ncase m1 id have to buy an sfx psu thus adding more onto already more expensive case prices.

• 2 weeks later...

can i know why you chose the ophion evo? instead of just the standard (smaller) version

i purchased the evo a few days ago, planning to install a 240mm rad; yeah, it's quite big for a "small form factor", the esthetic is still there

the idea of the custom acrylic side panels for better air intake is not a bad idea! i'm looking forward to some pictures!

if i were you, i would stick with the ophion ?

Chose the evo just for the 240mm aio support because I was looking at the arctic liquid freezer ii 240 as its quite cheap and similar pricing to the big shuriken 3 which I was considering