B450i strix bios questions!

I just built a new pc 3800x(wanted the 2 free games) , b450 I strix itx mobo, 32gb 16gbx2 gskill 3600 cl 16, 5700xt red dragon, 750w focus plus gold psu.  I'm using the stock cooler.

I ran cinibench and it was only about 100-200 points above the 1700x this seemed odd to me. I checked and my memory was at 3200 cl 25! I looked up how to fix this, i had to take the option off of auto and choose 3600 in the bios to activate the xmp( this kit is on the qvl).  And it seems to be working.

My real issue is I have never had a high end mobo before, should I be leaving everything o N auto or do I need to change settings to get the expected performance from my cpu? I'm not wanting to oc i just want it to act like it should. Also i noticed the voltage says 1.4** when in the os using asus ai program not even doing any stress tests.  

My old msi crap board for my 2500k was default settings unless I changed something. This asus board seems like it's doing things and I dunno what to turn off or let go.

Also I tried the tuning wizard and after it loaded my ram was at 3600 but better timings but the system would crash when I ran cinebench. 

I'm running all auto in bios now except the docp standard needed to get my ram at 3600.  

Pls help me

if it works, keep it with the docp active and everything else as default. what are the timings now?

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

if it works, keep it with the docp active and everything else as default. what are the timings now?

3600 mhz  16 19 19 39

By everything else default do you mean auto? That's how it was from beginning(shipped all auto which didnt use ram properly), and is that voltage for the cpu high?

8 minutes ago, ChaseDown said:

3600 mhz  16 19 19 39

By everything else default do you mean auto? That's how it was from beginning(shipped all auto which didnt use ram properly), and is that voltage for the cpu high?

docp enabled, the rest auto. don't worry about the voltage.

31 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Ty!

31 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Oh also any clue on how to make the lights go off when the pc is off annoying lights just stay on!