Arcade Cabinet Recommendations?

leo1798

So I'm looking at various options for a home arcade cabinet, and I'm not really sure where to look. I'm aware of Arcade1UP and their more affordable options that come with limited games, partial-sized cabinets, and risers to make them taller. I've also looked at a company called "Dream Arcades" that sells more robust arcade cabinets, but at a much higher price (and they really try to milk you for basic upgrades). I've looked at other options as well, and I haven't really found what I'm looking for. Most companies use LCD panels, they either have very few games or bundle in a bunch of junk that would never be played, they lock down what can be added to the machine, or they cost an absolutely ridiculous amount. I do not know if there are any modern vendors that sell cabinets with CRT displays so that the games have an authentic look and I do not know if there is any modularity possible.

I know that I will probably have to make compromises unless I build my own machine (which I do not have the soldering skills or equipment for). But in an ideal world I would be looking for a machine with: a full size cabinet, a CRT display, modular storage, the ability to add games as well as to program controls if necessary, and product support. If anyone is aware of a company or other solution that would meet most, or all, of these criteria then please let me know. I would like to keep my budget around a maximum of $2,000, but this would be a long-term investment so pricier options would be fine to consider. Thanks!

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502

• 1 month later...

You can buy some already finished, here were i lilve there is a lot of business that will sell you the finished product, some with a computer and some without for a cheaper price.

I built my first arcade cabinet with an X-arcade tankstick, several wood planks for the cabinet, a 32 LCD tv, a Raspberry pi 3, two car speakers, and so on.

After having everything working and playable i started changing stuff,.Like for example the amplifier in the PI i changed it to a HIfiberry amp2, the sticks of the X-arcade i switch them for two sticks from the brand I-Lorenzo, changed the RPI3 to a RPI4. 

Now i want to modify or build the Wood cabinet again to a different style because it is too big for my new apartment but i don't have the tools or the space so i will complete the cabinet in my dad's house.