PC shuts down instead of sleeps, Event ID 158?

SorryArie

My PC shuts down instead of going to sleep. This started happening after I removed AMD store MI from my system which I did by cloning my HDD onto my SSD and then re-formatting the HDD (most common method when I searched "how to remove AMD storeMI"). Everything seemed to be working better, I had two separate drives that I could control myself, but I started having the shut down issue. 

I tried all the windows power and sleep settings options which is the first recommendation when searching this issue. 

After looking at Event viewer i can see the same error every time I try to put my computer to sleep. "Disk 1 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue."

Some say this error can occur when cloning drives which i have done as mentioned earlier. Apparently when two drives have the same ID, but according to diskpart, all of my drives have different ID's. 

One more weird thing... Even after removing Store MI, I still see the virtual drive that it created. Maybe this is causing the issue, but I cannot figure out how to get rid of it.

image.png.24a616de13c6ba7a22d924a47d47825c.png

Anyone got anything? I'm not a PC expert but i enjoy learning this stuff. Thanks!

I have no experience with StoreMI, but if you look into the Device Manager, can you see some kind of a virtual StoreMi drive? Since it is a virtual device, uninstalling it will maybe remove the drive from the Disk Management. Also, when you're talking about IDs of drives, be aware that partitions and disks have separate IDs.

My heart belongs to AMD but that doesn't mean I furiously hate Intel or NVIDIA :)

MAIN RIG AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac | MSI HD7950 OC 3GB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @ 2666MHz (Samsung D-Die) | ADATA SX8200 480GB NVMe SSD & Seagate Barracuda 120 1TB SSD & WD Black 500GB | Sharkoon QB One

LAPTOP Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (14ARE05) - AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | AMD Vega 8 (Renoir) | 16GB RAM | SKHynix PC601 512GB (OEM) | 1080p 300nit non-touch display

You're describing an issue with hybrid sleep.  If you don't need hibernate, I'd recommend you try disabling the 3 hibernate features (hibernate, hybrid sleep, and fast startup) all at once by opening an Administrator PowerShell or command prompt and enter:

powercfg /h off

Does that resolve your issue?

If you need hibernate, you can turn it off as above, then turn it back on with:

powercfg /h on

This will re-create the hiberfil.sys file which might resolve the issue and allow you to use hibernate and hybrid sleep.

As for your second issue, you are still using the StoreMI driver and you have stale metadata since you didn't clean your drives first.  At this point, you could just roll back to the AHCI driver as described in step #8 here (any reference to FuzeDrive is the same software as StoreMI): https://desk.zoho.com/portal/enmotus/kb/articles/uninstalling-fuzedrive

The powercfg off did allow my computer to sleep again. I think i understand sleep/hibernate/hybrid sleep now so thanks. Seems like the problems are separate. 

Now about the store MI thing. I did clean the drive using diskpart, took hours and i was able to reformat the drive, but the second drive still shows up. 

I'm curious about this note at the end of the page. I think i had version 1.5.3. My computer is a pre-built so maybe they protected it?

image.png.3b1e5225bb1403552ade2c50974efc61.png