Dead, Stuck pixel or just dust?

Zathel

Hello everyone,

I would gladly appreciate your help on a matter that is about to drive me completely crazy!

I just received the LG43WL500-B monitor. Now it's a pretty sweet monitor especially if you want a budget ultra wide! As I anxiously opened the package i was only thinking of one thing: If I encounter any dead pixels or not. I had pretty bad luck in the past to the point of getting 4 monitors in a row, all with dead pixels.

Long story short, I fired up a test immediately, I wiped the screen with a microfiber cloth and after 3-4 dust spectacles i found something that I could not remove. I thought it was a dead pixel but upon closer examination, there are some weird things about this thingy.

First of all, if you look it straight on, you cannot spot it. you can see it only if you look at it at angle. Second and most importantly, I don't think it is a whole pixel. I took some really close up photos using a tripod (for stability) and it seems like it's either something extremely tiny or a certain color of the pixel is not fully lit? Can you help me please find some peace of mind? Should I return the monitor?

P.S: Here is the link to a set of images i uploaded, all in different colours with and without an angle. You can really see it at the third photo. also, you can right-click and open the image and fully zoom in to see the individual colours.

Link: https://imgur.com/a/sNxA12l

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thats not a dead pixel. Dust or a contaminant would be my 1st thought.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

17 minutes ago, Badger906 said:

Thats not a dead pixel. Dust or a contaminant would be my 1st thought.

Is there any way to remove it? I read online something about using a suction cup and light pressure to maybe force it to fall but i'm afraid to use that method. 

well it might be on the inside of the screen if it is not wiping off, then you'll have to take off the screen.
anyway if you really want to fix it yourself you'll net some tape as the control panel is held down by tape.

to make sure it's not stuck pixel wise, let the screen rest, or play a bunch of colors over it, that may or may not fix it.

homeofmew (homeofmew#1337)

[ | folding@home | F@A Extreme Over Clocking | Bionic | ]

Bachelors of Science in Mathematics, University of Houston