Type C Hub is not working

Ninjasupahsquid

So... I needed a Type c hub for my laptop the Asus GX701GX... So... I looked on amazon for one that was cheap (Probably a bad Idea)... I found this one (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YBRTV7F?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details)... Then... 8 days later It arrived... I was super excited so I plugged in my Hdmi cable, Keyboard, Mouse and Headset. (For reference I have the image.png.05a0c259c9b53f4e8d5424b70acbd992.png

and when I did Nothing happened... my keyboard and mouse didn't light up... Nothing... I immediately thought... Oh shit... Its a cheap piece of crap. Windows didn't recognize anything got plugged in...

So I kept unplugging it and plugging it back in and miraculously I had the idea to Flip the type-c connector upside down and see if that was the issue... I never had an issue before with type c not working because of a way i Plugged it in... And when I did... I got one of these 

image.png.7d4ba308e82e3347b4b686120e936332.png

I knew right away that buying cheap stuff on amazon is a bad idea.... You get what you pay for.

So I unplugged my Headset and that notification went away... My keyboard and mouse now work fine... Corsair Icue Recognizes them and all the functions still work when plugged in... My headset does not work however... If I want to use that I have to plug it into the Laptop itself... and HDMI doesn't work either.... Windows and the Nvidia control Panel both recognize the tv is there...

image.thumb.png.94a4194a1fe44c6a8fb7e547c4b1f8d2.png

(Note... I plugged one HDMI cable into the Laptop... Tech Concepts TCL (2 of 2)... and I plugged another HDMI cable into the Type-C Hub Tech Concepts Tcl (1 of 2)... And the type C hub doesn't work still even if I unplug the HDMI from the laptop (It shouldn't matter the laptop has a 2080 in it...))

At this point I'm thinking about returning it... Cause this is ridiculous... It should work right off the bat unless I'm stupid and I'm missing something... Right now it serves 2 of the 4 purposes I bought it for... my keyboard and mouse... But the HDMI and Headset don't work... Got any Ideas or Should I just return it to amazon

image.png

Your issue is very likely related to power delivery. Return it, don't waste anymore of your time on it, and buy one for a bit more with a reasonable number of positive reviews.