What's a good headphone for me?

AMD Lover

So I have beats studios right now and I like the sound and I love the heavy bass but I really hate the build quality. I was going to upgrade to beats pros but I thought I would ask if there is anything better like from razed or func. Also I would've tried audiophile grade headphones but I hate the designs

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

Well if you're willing to sacrifice the heavy base. I have dt 880 pros and they are some of the best all around headphones I've ever used. And the design is good IMO.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I'm currently using the beyerdynamic Custom One Pros on the recommendation of Linus and Slick. I prefer them over my Beats studio, you can get them at a reasonable price on Amazon and the adjustable bass is a nice feature. I got them in white and I think they look pretty smart, but most importantly to me they are proper comfortable for longer listening sessions.

i7-4930k Workstation | Macbook Pro Retina w/Windows 10

If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Beyerdynamic DT770 would be my choice if you still want the bloated horrible bass. you might need some form of amplification though, but your motherboard has a 600 ohm heaphone amp, so that should be fine. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

There is always v-moda crossfade lp or m100 if you really want bass and great build quality

budget?

Would you prefer boomy bass, tighter bass or less bass?

open/closed?

Portable/studio/games only?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

budget?

open/closed?

+1

Beyerdynamic DT770 would be my choice if you still want the bloated horrible bass. you might need some form of amplification though, but your motherboard has a 600 ohm heaphone amp, so that should be fine. 

Since when is the bass on the DT770 bloated and horrible?

But yeah some nice bassheavy headphones are the V-Moda Crossfade LP and the DT770. 80Ohm version for the most bass, will run fine on phones and such as well.

Oh and Razer and Func will have the same build quality if not worse, just at a slightly lower price.

THE signature

Since when is the bass on the DT770 bloated and horrible?

But yeah some nice bassheavy headphones are the V-Moda Crossfade LP and the DT770. 80Ohm version for the most bass, will run fine on phones and such as well.

Oh and Razer and Func will have the same build quality if not worse, just at a slightly lower price.

the DT770's are what I'd pick if you like the Beats sound, because it's not AS bad as Beats. I just feel that you should step up in general audio quality, where I think that the DT770's are a nice choice. 

EDIT: this post sort of makes the DT770's sound like bad headphones, but they ARE good, they're quite bass heavy though. 

Edited by Lauen

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

budget?

open/closed?

200 (can be used)

Idk but I imagine tight bass is going to sound the best

Don't really know the difference

Portable probably, I would like to have them work on my phone, ipad, and computer also

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

200 (can be used)

Idk but I imagine tight bass is going to sound the best

Don't really know the difference

Portable probably, I would like to have them work on my phone, ipad, and computer also

Dt770 then.

make that the 80 ohm version, for use with iphone and such, the 250 might not get loud enough for the OP on the phone.

>Implied, but thanks for clarifying. 

As above, or look at the COPs.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You should look into the HD 598. I just got mine and they sound amazing!!!

You should look into the HD 598. I just got mine and they sound amazing!!!

Not even remotely a portable headphone, did you not read the OP? Or are you doing what you have done the last few posts you've made and just suggesting what you bought? 

Not even remotely a portable headphone, did you not read the OP? Or are you doing what you have done the last few posts you've made and just suggesting what you bought? 

He said "Portable probably", they work on phones and ipad. I Know the are not really "good" for use outside of the house (because they are open style) but it was just a suggestion so he can see if it would work for him. The HD 598 are a good headphone and liked a lot on the audiophile website head fi. They even have a Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread with 200+ pages. So I did not post them just because I bought them...

He said "Portable probably", they work on phones and ipad. I Know the are not really "good" for use outside of the house (because they are open style) but it was just a suggestion so he can see if it would work for him. The HD 598 are a good headphone and liked a lot on the audiophile website head fi. They even have a Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread with 200+ pages. So I did not post them just because I bought them...

There is also the down side that the HD558, measures identically and is generally $30 cheaper. 

He wants to use them at work and with portable devices, so he would very much so be using them on the go making the 500 series a bad choice.