Computer randomly shuts off

Hello, as stated before, my PC keeps randomly shutting itself off, almost always when I'm in game. I know that my parts are cool, my gpu stays below 85 and my cpu below 70, and my cpu is clocked normally. My gpu is also on stock settings. My PSU is 600 watts which should be more than enough to supply an rx 480 and an r5 1600 with 16 GB of ram.

Usually there is a hard lag spike where my entire computer freezes before it resumes and plays normally for a few seconds, and then it completely shuts off. No crash, no bsod, just black and the sound of my fans shutting down. I really dont know what is causing this. 

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

Shutdown or reboot? 

If shutdown maybe PSU/thermal related, if reboot maybe RAM related. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

4 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Shutdown or reboot? 

If shutdown maybe PSU/thermal related, if reboot maybe RAM related. 

No reboot. My cpu and gpu run fine, they arent overheating. How would I know if its my PSU?

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

I would try:

- Making sure everything is seated correctly (in the motherboard but also the power connectors)

- Swapping out the PSU

- Swapping out the memory

Of course this is provided that you are able to source a PSU and some memory. You could buy it, test it and return it if you have shops near you with lenient return policies. I doubt it's thermal since it would usually give an error message if it shuts down to protect itself, plus 85C and 70C should not be enough to shut down.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

2 minutes ago, martward said:

I would try:

- Making sure everything is seated correctly (in the motherboard but also the power connectors)

- Swapping out the PSU

- Swapping out the memory

Of course this is provided that you are able to source a PSU and some memory. You could buy it, test it and return it if you have shops near you with lenient return policies. I doubt it's thermal since it would usually give an error message if it shuts down to protect itself, plus 85C and 70C should not be enough to shut down.

Thanks for the advice. If i had to guess, its probably the PSU. It is 600 watts, but its from some unheard of company and came with an old prebuild that i took apart to build this.

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

Just now, Nickathom said:

Thanks for the advice. If i had to guess, its probably the PSU. It is 600 watts, but its from some unheard of company and came with an old prebuild that i took apart to build this.

In that case buying a new one is a good idea regardless whether that's the problem. I've had a GPU that caught fire once due to a bad PSU. There's good PSUs with about 500W that can be had for $50-$60. Check out the PSU tier list that's in my signature if your planning to buy a new one.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B