I'm about to grab a sledgehammer.

My mouse is moving by itself. I unplugged it and restarted my PC, but it still moves by itself. It's a Razer Taipan (2 Months old). Please help me...

you sure your mouse pad or surface isn't dirty? maybe something in the eye of the mouse? maybe the cord is being pulled a bit?

Blow in the lens of the mouse a little to try and get any dirt or debris out of the way of the sensor.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

My mouse is moving by itself. I unplugged it and restarted my PC, but it still moves by itself. It's a Razer Taipan (2 Months old). Please help me...

Could be a dirty mousepad or something infront of the sensor. Like hair.

Have you tried a different mouse or mouse pad to narrow down the cause?

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

RMA it then

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I don't own a different mouse, but yes I tried a different surface and it still moved.

Alright, well I would assume that if you simply unplugged the mouse and it still moved than you have something else going on. But it is probably the mouse. If trying to clear dust out doesn't fix it then everyone else is right, you may just need to rma it.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

Just RMA it

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Maybe try using it in a diff port or diff pc and seeif the problem is still there

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

There can be a series of issues here so I'll list a few and tell you how to solve them, you should be the judge and decide which one's you want to try:

• Drivers - try disabling Synapse 2.0 and uninstalling mouse drivers (afterwards restart the computer). You have to disable synapse because it will always update and restore to the previous version of drivers that may or may not be faulty. Try asking WINDOWS themselves to find the appropriate drivers not Synapse 2.0.
  • Possibilty that Snap To is enabled - if it is, disable it. 
  • Quoting from a different place: "It happens to mine all the time. Someone once told me to leave it along and let it move until it stops. I do that whenever it happens and it seems to fix itself."
  • A virus? - scan the computer just to be sure but I doubt it's this.
  • If you're using a USB hub, plug the mouse straight into the I/O.
  • Disable pointer precision under CP -> Mouse -> Pointer Options (same place where Snap To is).
  • I assume you don't have a touchpad....
  • Try turning down the DPI of the mouse in Synapse 2.0. Razer mice are very sensitive to vibrations (sub-woofers on the table, fans, hard drives, etc).
  • It doesn't hurt just cleaning the equipment AGAIN, grap a Q-tip for the sensor, clean the mouse pad.
  • Try the mouse in USB 2.0 not 3.0.
  • Maybe the cord is pulling the mouse sligthly?
  • Try the mouse at school/college/uni/work and see if the problem persists. 

That's all I could find, hope something works if not, we'll try something else :) Good luck!