PC won't post...any ideas?

oggunderscore
Go to solution Solved by Sjaakie,

Might be a ram issue. See if it boots with a single stick installed.

Heya! I have an old PC laying in the house that randomly acted up upon attempt to boot. It was functioning normally the previous day, shut down normally as well. Came the next day, attempted to boot, and the issue surfaced. Upon attempt to boot, it would turn on the fans and light, turn off after around 15 seconds, then turn back off, then turn back online, and stay on until I held the power button to turn it off. However, nothing is shown on the monitor, no post, no windows, no life in anyway possible. It doesn't even detect a signal (no black screen). I removed the GPU, tested it without, same results. Tested the GPU itself on another PC, works perfectly fine and normal. The cables seem to be intact, I reseated the RAM into different slots, and the same ones. Removed the motherboard battery, replaced it. All with no luck. I'm starting to suspect the CPU is dead, but wouldn't that mean it wouldn't turn on anyways?

TL;DR PC powers on, then off shortly after, then back on with nothing displayed onto the monitor. GPU doesn't seem to be the issue. 

Any help would be appreciated! thanks!

I also have a pc that doesn't post (for a different reason), some one recommended to reset the cmos on your motherboard, it didn’t work for me, but its worth a try.

On 12/30/2019 at 3:07 PM, Sjaakie said:

Thank you, saved me a ton of work. Removed a stick, booted perfectly fine.