System not booting

Gop

Hey guys, parts in question - Ryzen 3200g, MSI B450i Gaming Mobo, 16gb HyperX Ram, Noctua L9i Cooler (all black), InWin Chopin case, WD 500gb M.2.

I have put it all together properly, had the cpu and mobo tested separately, as well as swapped the ram around all the different ways. No luck.

The system powers on and then stays with the CPU Led on. Have seated and reseated numerous times. Out of ideas.

Send help

It sounds like you may need to flash your BIOS. If it's running a particularity old BIOS revision it will not support 3rd Gen Ryzen until you update it. I believe you'll need to borrow a 1st or 2nd Gen CPU in order to do the update as your board doesn't support BIOS Flashback. 

So, the MSI B450i Gaming (Plus AC, I'm assuming as I don't see any other variant) should be pre-flashed with 3rd Gen support, and should have BIOS 7A40vA7 for Ryzen 3000 support. If you have that, 7A40vA8, 7A40vA9, 7A40vAA, or 7A40vAB installed then you should have the correct BIOS. Anything older, and you'll need to flash the new BIOS.

This could be problematic if you're on an older BIOS though, as there's no flashback utility. As such, you'd need a 2000 series CPU to be able to insert it, and flash the newer BIOS. You could use AMD's upgrade program for this, or ask a local PC shop for assistance.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

1 hour ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

So, the MSI B450i Gaming (Plus AC, I'm assuming as I don't see any other variant) should be pre-flashed with 3rd Gen support, and should have BIOS 7A40vA7 for Ryzen 3000 support. If you have that, 7A40vA8, 7A40vA9, 7A40vAA, or 7A40vAB installed then you should have the correct BIOS. Anything older, and you'll need to flash the new BIOS.

This could be problematic if you're on an older BIOS though, as there's no flashback utility. As such, you'd need a 2000 series CPU to be able to insert it, and flash the newer BIOS. You could use AMD's upgrade program for this, or ask a local PC shop for assistance.

BIOS has been flashed.

6 minutes ago, Gop said:

BIOS has been flashed.

To what version?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

24 minutes ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

To what version?

I cant tell, the system wont boot into BIOS. The seller here in Australia flashed it before shipping

Sounds like you need to go to a PC shop and confirm via a 2000 series.