Someone please help

Go to solution Solved by kirashi,
3 minutes ago, dome3731 said:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to help, I backed up my phone data to my PC and now I have these .bak files which I don't know how to put back onto my phone, please help.

As mentioned above, we're gonna need a lot more details in order to know where to even begin.

Just now, dome3731 said:

I have a xiaomi mi 4c I used the built in back up and then copied that to my pc into a folder.

All the guides I'm finding on Xiaomi's website indicate you should have a folder named by date that you just copy back to a specified folder on the phone, then restore from. Not really sure why it gave you a .bak file, so you might need to reach out to Xaomi for more details.

https://c.mi.com/thread-1412906-1-0.html

Hello, thank you for taking the time to help, I backed up my phone data to my PC and now I have these .bak files which I don't know how to put back onto my phone, please help.

What phone? how did you backup your phone? what phone are you trying to restore these to? There is no binary answer to everything, provide details.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

What phone? how did you backup your phone? what phone are you trying to restore these to? There is no binary answer to everything, provide details.

I have a xiaomi mi 4c I used the built in back up and then copied that to my pc into a folder.

3 minutes ago, dome3731 said:

As mentioned above, we're gonna need a lot more details in order to know where to even begin.

Just now, dome3731 said:

All the guides I'm finding on Xiaomi's website indicate you should have a folder named by date that you just copy back to a specified folder on the phone, then restore from. Not really sure why it gave you a .bak file, so you might need to reach out to Xaomi for more details.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Xiaomi mi 4c built in backp up and restore tool and then I copied that to my PC and I have the .bak files in a folder on my windows 10 PC.

5 minutes ago, kirashi said:

What is the general solution to this if you know?

Just now, dome3731 said:

oh sorry.

5 minutes ago, dome3731 said:

No idea, I don't own a Xaomi phone, so I don't want to direct you to do something that might render your backups unrecoverable or worse, cause data loss. Xaomi is responsible for supporting their software, so contacting them would be your best bet. May as well as reach out to them for support while you await further replies on the forum.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

No idea, I don't own a Xaomi phone, so I don't want to direct you to do something that might render your backups unrecoverable or worse, cause data loss. Xaomi is responsible for supporting their software, so contacting them would be your best bet. May as well as reach out to them for support while you await further replies on the forum.

I have looked at the thread you sent and I will try that and I also contacted xiaomi, thank you very much for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate it.

2 minutes ago, dome3731 said:

I have looked at the thread you sent and I will try that and I also contacted xiaomi, thank you very much for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate it.

No problem, happy to help point you in the right direction. I'm heading off to sleep now, but did find a couple other links that may be of use to you.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-3/help/help-how-to-bak-file-t2883318

https://in.c.mi.com/thread-2540-1-0.html