Help! Hackintosh or Multi User Build?

The overall goal of this thread is to figure out just how much of a deep hole am I going into with a potential Hackintosh build.

I've been working on a multi user "LAN Party" machine for a while now that I had running before with different hardware. I recently upgraded another rig and was planning on using those old parts in the multi user machine, but I feel like it would go under utilized. I have friends over less and less for gaming in general now so I feel like its usage is getting thin. I have always liked the look and feel of Mac OS and went ahead and put Elementary OS on an old laptop just for giggles. I've been gushing over the never ending store of Linus' hackintosh and I've been reading a lot of forum posts from years back of people using dual x5690 xeons for nice little hackintoshes.

Since the build was originally meant for multiple VMs, I have a ton of RAM and GPUs to cram in it. I also believe that only AMD cards are compatible for Mac OS? So the 970s will just become two RX 480s and one RX 580. Working in Linux to create a multiple Windows VMs was a bit of a whirlwind for me and I imagine a hacktintosh is definitely much harder than that. But, a challenge is a challenge! What are some things I should know, look out for, avoid; anything that will help out with the process! I might just continue on with the multi user build if this all becomes too much, but I think it would be pretty nice to have a Mac in the house.

Workstation/Gaming Rig - Asus Crosshair VI Hero | Ryzen 9 3900x | B | Zotac RTX 3090 | 1TB Sabrent NVMe, 2TB Seagate HDD

Home Server - Asus Strix x370 Gaming-F | Ryzen 7 1700x | 2x8GB DDR4 G.SKILL Trident Z RG | Zotac GTX 970 | PNY 120GB SATA SSD, Kingston 480GB SATA SSD 6x4TB HP MidLine HDD, Seagate 3TB HDD, Seagate 8TB HDD

4 minutes ago, The Old Myron Siren said:

Mac in the house.

Start here

https://hackintosh.com/

go here

https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/building-a-customac-hackintosh-the-ultimate-buyers-guide/

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

11 minutes ago, The Old Myron Siren said:

only AMD cards are compatible for Mac OS?

This is correct, Apple and Nvidia refuse to play nice with each other. Hackintosh is a lot easier than it used to be.  

48 minutes ago, Founders said:

This is correct, Apple and Nvidia refuse to play nice with each other. Hackintosh is a lot easier than it used to be.  

I haven't really done much at all with Mac OS so I'm totally lost in the sauce with it. Would I have to run it within a VM or could I install it directly to an SSD with a boot USB drive?

59 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Thank you! I'll take a look at those and read through it all. Any tips or should the articles be more or less enough?

Workstation/Gaming Rig - Asus Crosshair VI Hero | Ryzen 9 3900x | B | Zotac RTX 3090 | 1TB Sabrent NVMe, 2TB Seagate HDD

Home Server - Asus Strix x370 Gaming-F | Ryzen 7 1700x | 2x8GB DDR4 G.SKILL Trident Z RG | Zotac GTX 970 | PNY 120GB SATA SSD, Kingston 480GB SATA SSD 6x4TB HP MidLine HDD, Seagate 3TB HDD, Seagate 8TB HDD

14 minutes ago, The Old Myron Siren said:

I haven't really done much at all with Mac OS so I'm totally lost in the sauce with it. Would I have to run it within a VM or could I install it directly to an SSD with a boot USB drive?

Either one will work, it depends on your preference. 

Install directly onto the machine 

4 minutes ago, Founders said:

Either one will work, it depends on your preference. 

Install directly onto the machine 

Oh man, perfect! Thanks so much :D

46 minutes ago, Founders said:

Sure :D

Not sure if you're able to help, but I figured I'd ping you just in case. I have to select a config file based on what Intel GPU I have (per the guide), but the cpus I'm using are Xeon x5690s, which don't have integrated graphics. Do you have any idea what I'm supposed to do? Thanks for the help so far!

21 minutes ago, The Old Myron Siren said:

Not sure if you're able to help, but I figured I'd ping you just in case. I have to select a config file based on what Intel GPU I have (per the guide), but the cpus I'm using are Xeon x5690s, which don't have integrated graphics. Do you have any idea what I'm supposed to do? Thanks for the help so far!

Does it give you the i7 920, 960, or 970 as an option? If not you may want to try a VM instead. 

2 hours ago, Founders said:

Does it give you the i7 920, 960, or 970 as an option? If not you may want to try a VM instead. 

I don't believe so? Every optional config is listed by Intel Graphics name. So they're all like "HD3000", ""HD5600" and the like.

4 minutes ago, The Old Myron Siren said:

I don't believe so? Every optional config is listed by Intel Graphics name. So they're all like "HD3000", ""HD5600" and the like.

Oh I see, for iGPU’s. I’d recommend a VM then in your case.

26 minutes ago, Founders said:

Oof alrighty. Whould that just be a KVM virtual machine inside of something like Ubuntu Server?

16 hours ago, Founders said:

So it seems that I was misunderstanding the guide. The premade config file it was offering me were meant for laptop users, which clearly I am not! Down side is I cannot find any clover config files for my board/chipset.