Tracking Data Usage

MRDRFRPRFT

So I'm sure LTT has pimped tons of software that offers what I'm looking for and I'm just drawing a blank. Xfinity is my ISP, well I keep getting tagged with $40-$60 extra every month because I go over the TB they provide. Now in recent months I could see that because there were 3 guys living in my house (myself included) Well now there are only 2 of us. And I know we have to have been using far less data as the main sap is now gone. Now idk if my router has some sort of cloud features it is constantly reporting to, but even if it did... how much data could that be using realistically. The router is a LUXUL Epic 3 (XWR-3150) with MU-MIMO, not that that matters. One access point outside of that being controlled by the router software. Anyways this long winded post was just to ask if there is a software (preferably free) or a device that I can use that would let me know what is sapping data, at least data leaving the WAN. Im half tempted to VLAN the network. Which would solve my roomate being able to control the overkill Sonos setup I have in my bedroom and play "Baby got back" at 4 a.m. So any software or controller any of you know of to help identify why I have so much Data going out?

Side note, In months prior to December We have used between 500-700GB, and those months we both had staycations streaming a fair bit. This month by 12-18 we had used 1400GB... 

Thanks in advance. :)

5 hours ago, MRDRFRPRFT said:

So I'm sure LTT has pimped tons of software that offers what I'm looking for and I'm just drawing a blank. Xfinity is my ISP, well I keep getting tagged with $40-$60 extra every month because I go over the TB they provide. Now in recent months I could see that because there were 3 guys living in my house (myself included) Well now there are only 2 of us. And I know we have to have been using far less data as the main sap is now gone. Now idk if my router has some sort of cloud features it is constantly reporting to, but even if it did... how much data could that be using realistically. The router is a LUXUL Epic 3 (XWR-3150) with MU-MIMO, not that that matters. One access point outside of that being controlled by the router software. Anyways this long winded post was just to ask if there is a software (preferably free) or a device that I can use that would let me know what is sapping data, at least data leaving the WAN. Im half tempted to VLAN the network. Which would solve my roomate being able to control the overkill Sonos setup I have in my bedroom and play "Baby got back" at 4 a.m. So any software or controller any of you know of to help identify why I have so much Data going out?

Side note, In months prior to December We have used between 500-700GB, and those months we both had staycations streaming a fair bit. This month by 12-18 we had used 1400GB... 

Thanks in advance. :)

Firstly you can check data usage on their website or using the Xfinity connect app on Android or iOS. That will tell you total usage. Now as far as whos using the data and whats using the data, that will be a diffrent story. As you need something router based to check. My router for instance can keep track of data usage per device. Not all routers will support this. All I can suggest is log in to your router and check to see if it offers that feature. Im not familure with Luxul at all, never even heard of them. 

Also want to point out, if you using at or more than $50 over the data limit, they have an unlimited option in most areas that costs $50, $25 on promo from what I have read. Might want to look in to that. 1400 Gigs though does seem excessive, when my family (3 people) uses 700-999 gigs a month. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Ill have to call and talk to Luxul. I used their equipment along with other manufaturers with my company and ended up with a handful of their wifi routers, AP's, switches and other stuff, the one I installed being the most feature rich and powerful of them. What router do you use? I'd have to imagine that this router does have some sort of feature that tracks device data usage but I have to dig some more. 

3 hours ago, MRDRFRPRFT said:

What router do you use?

Synology Rt2600AC. It retails for about $200. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.