Mobile: extra button for @ mentions

Dujith

Would like to suggest a button (maybe next to the multi quote button) to add @ mentions to the reply you are typing while on mobile.

When i reply to posts and want to include multiple ppl on the pc i can ver easily scroll or just look up to type their names. On mobile however its a bit more of a hasle and a mention button would make that easier. 

I mean generally you're only tagging people who are in the thread (in which case you can scroll up and read their names) or people you know by heart (like [at]LinusTech).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

If thread is multiple pages, you can open it easily on second tab. I don't see scrolling as issue on single page threads.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

30 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

If thread is multiple pages, you can open it easily on second tab. I don't see scrolling as issue on single page threads.

Just talking about mobile, on PC its never an issue for me. Just when on mobile also the spelling of certain names does not help :S 

And like i said its just a suggestion :D 

30 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Just talking about mobile, on PC its never an issue for me. Just when on mobile also the spelling of certain names does not help :S 

And like i said its just a suggestion :D 

I'm talking about mobile too. The fact that I can even use mentions is nice enough. But as said, making it suggest people in thread first would probably help a lot. Sadly, that's been suggested before and probably isn't doable.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You would still have to scroll to get to the mention button though, so why would be be beneficial?

HTTP/2 203

52 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

You would still have to scroll to get to the mention button though, so why would be be beneficial?

Spelling of the names :D, plus like the mulitiquote it would just be easy instead of having to remember some weird ass names :S .

This is just me being very lazy :P 

15 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Spelling of the names :D, plus like the mulitiquote it would just be easy instead of having to remember some weird ass names :S .

This is just me being very lazy :P 

It would be really difficult to implement, so I don't think it's going to happen, sorry.

HTTP/2 203

7 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It would be really difficult to implement, so I don't think it's going to happen, sorry.

what I do have a problem is on mobile and I want to post a status, on iOS you have to enter full screen browsing mode to hit the submit button. Its not a huge issue but it would be nice to move it a little bit more up if you can (IDK how you would do that because I know the layout is relative to the screen resolution). Tested on 7 and XS. 

2 hours ago, floofer said:

what I do have a problem is on mobile and I want to post a status, on iOS you have to enter full screen browsing mode to hit the submit button. Its not a huge issue but it would be nice to move it a little bit more up if you can (IDK how you would do that because I know the layout is relative to the screen resolution). Tested on 7 and XS. 

Can you post this in Bugs and Issues, with a screenshot or an explanation of why it doesn't work for you?

HTTP/2 203