My End-Game Gaming TV - OLED with GSYNC

James

Just to be clear, is this the OLED77C9PUB? The link in the descript is a search page for "lg oled tv" 

Intel 11700K - Gigabyte 3080 Ti- Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro - Sabrent Rocket NVME - Corsair 16GB DDR4

1 hour ago, James said:

Linus "upgrades" his BFGD for another big screen TV... this time an OLED.

"great resolution for this size"

Dude its 77" ..4k is NOT a great resolution for that size unless ur sitting with ur eyes 12+ feet away.

Later in the vid

"people told me you could have a TV thats too big for a space, and i never really bought it before.....i think im converted"

yea no sh*t :P

55" is as big as ur gonna want to go for gaming even in a front room/living room environment, for ur average sized homes. At 55" ur looking at around a 7-9 foot view distance for couch gaming.

For PC use it become rather difficult to create a setup that allows u to sit in the range required for a 55" display. Which is around 6 feet for PC use. At that distance ur not looking at ur typical desk seating position, but rather something more akin to a home theater / man cave setup, with a single recliner at an appropriate view distance. Such a room is unlikely to allow for anything bigger than 55".

Again this is based on ur average person, not the outlier who lives alone and has an entire large room to turn into a gaming room.

Most average people are going to have maybe their bedroom or another 'small' room to dedicated to such activities, not big enough for massive screens. In addition the average household, especially in the UK, dont have front room / main rooms big enough for 77" displays, or rather they dont have the size required for the appropriate view distance.

Still, nice to see OLED being shown of :)

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Why are we still calling display latency "input lag"? I get that it adds to the delay between your input and when you see its effect on-screen, but it does NOT affect the delay between your input and when it is registered by your PC/console. For example, in multiplayer games, the display latency doesn't affect when your input gets sent to the server to determine if you got the kill or not. It's really just OUTPUT LAG. It doesn't affect what happens -- just how long it takes for you to see what just happened.

Hi

Does anyone know the background soundtrack used used in this video?

why is there intro and outro music links in the description but no link to the music track that is playing through the whole video???

thanks

ed

9 hours ago, James said:

Linus "upgrades" his BFGD for another big screen TV... this time an OLED.

Does anyone know when or if gsync support for the lg oleds will come to Pascal cards namely the 1060?

@LinusTechTips u need to turn on AMD Freesync in the TV Control panel to get Gsync option enabled in Nvidia Control Panel. #LG #Linus #LinusGSebastian #Sebastian . i also a PCtechnicfreak like u and #der8auer lives in the neighboring country . :) And the tests was made with 1360x768 at 60hz vsync off. i dont really wanna see explode 2080ti when u switch to normal res of the lg tv 4k120hz. maybe 7x2080ti gona make it . but not really a singlecard on AAA games epic maxed out.

On 12/23/2019 at 3:58 AM, jake9000 said:

Just to be clear, is this the OLED77C9PUB? The link in the descript is a search page for "lg oled tv" 

I'm also interested in knowing exactly which model that is as I live outside of America and would like to get a 55",

I am assuming it is something like OLED55C9 as well, the letters at the end seems to indicate regions.

when I looked into it a little bit I found some reviews of those from 8 months ago back in April, are those the same models as such?

• 1 month later...

sorry for digging up a older post,

i joined the forum as i have just purchased this same tv, the tv supports 4k @120hz over hdmi 2.1 alas you cant get that from any media sources.

i did read something about realtek or inno3d making a dp1.4 to hdmi2.1 adaptor but that was last june it was show cased.

does any one here know if said adapter is available anywhere as yet as google shows nothing?