New Phone Options Given Strict Requirements

straight_stewie

After six years with my Note 3, it's time to move on to a new phone.

The problem, however, is that I'm becoming turned off by internet connected devices. Call it paranoia if you must, but I find it very disconcerting that Facebook and Messenger still receive updates even after being uninstalled, and that they are included software on pretty much all new android phones. That's just one example of the kind of privacy issue I'm worried about.

However, in contrast to that issue, I run heavy equipment for a living, sometimes 13+ hours a day, and sometimes that equipment does not have a working radio. I've become very used to apps like IHeartRadio and Amazon Music to make up for the lack of a radio. I consider it a requirement that a phone either be capable of running those apps, or provide a good, built in, radio receiver in addition to Bluetooth music and call streaming.

Requirements

• Must Haves
    • Costs $1000 USD or less
    • Provides access to Amazon Music/IHeartRadio or a good FM receiver or both
    • Works with AT&T or the plan costs less than $30USD/month
    • Bluetooth call streaming and Bluetooth music streaming
    • Ability to truly remove all unnecessary apps, such as Facebook/Messenger or a powerful firewall/connection manager
  • Like to haves
    • A solid noise cancelling microphone
    • Ability to truly enable/disable camera sensor if one is included or no camera sensors
    • Can last 5+ years with proper care and will not break on the first drop from pocket height onto dirt/grass. (solutions involving cases/screen protectors are allowed)
  • Options
    • Any type of phone meeting these requirements is acceptable. From a flip phone to new TOTL smartphones.

I have been able to find some devices which meet some of the requirements, but not all of the requirements. If anyone has any leads on a device or a device + application + case combination that meets these requirements, I would very much appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME