really strange no post.

The King of the Undead

cpu: phenom 2 x4 955

gpu: radeon hd 5770

mobo: msi 970A-g43

so my computer  will not post. but here is where it gets wierd. when I boot it without the graphics card(which is confirmed working) the fans spin like they are controlled otherwise they go full power. I know it doesn't post without the gpu because USB receives no power.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

You need a piezo speaker thingy and hear post code\beeps.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

4 minutes ago, Juular said:

You need a piezo speaker thingy and hear post code\beeps.

the what?

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

everything is confirmed good except the cpu and mobo.

1 minute ago, Hakemon said:

Try other memory, CPU, etc.  Strip down to bare bones and try one thing at a time.  Also checking the PSU wouldn't be a bad idea.  I just recently had a computer that had a PSU issue where all the voltages were there but POWER_GOOD wasn't going high.

4 minutes ago, will4623 said:

the what?

https://www.amazon.com/Corporate-Computer-Motherboard-Internal-Speaker/dp/B01527H4W2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Internal+Piezo+Speaker&qid=1576775304&s=electronics&sr=1-3

There should be a port for it on the motherboard somewhere, it'll beep some specific sequence which corresponds to POST code, you can see in manual what it means and troubleshoot why exactly it doesn't POST.

I can't find the port on the dang thing.

2 minutes ago, Hakemon said:

Yea, once you get a piezo speaker installed, you might have some beep codes.  It just generates square waves like this: https://streamable.com/gdtvo

But it'll pump out stuff that sounds like morse code.  Look in the motherboard manual and it should have data as to what they mean.  Failing that, a POST card wouldn't be a bad idea either.

14 minutes ago, Juular said:

https://www.amazon.com/Corporate-Computer-Motherboard-Internal-Speaker/dp/B01527H4W2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Internal+Piezo+Speaker&qid=1576775304&s=electronics&sr=1-3

There should be a port for it on the motherboard somewhere, it'll beep some specific sequence which corresponds to POST code, you can see in manual what it means and troubleshoot why exactly it doesn't POST.

22 minutes ago, will4623 said:

I can't find the port on the dang thing.

Manual, page 1-23, you're looking for JFP2 port, 4-pin side.

11 minutes ago, Juular said:

Manual, page 1-23, you're looking for JFP2 port, 4-pin side.

I had one on hand from a electoronics kit. nothing.

Just now, will4623 said:

I had one on hand from a electoronics kit. nothing.

Try to flip it other way around.

Just now, Juular said:

Try to flip it other way around.

did but I was using the buzzer port and have decided that was probably not it.

1 minute ago, will4623 said:

did but I was using the buzzer port and have decided that was probably not it.

Well you need to plug it in Speaker\Buzzer port, the one that marked with JFP2 label, two inner pins are for buzzer, two outer ones are for piezo speaker.

still naught

Just now, Juular said:

Try to reset BIOS \ clear CMOS.

I did so.

7 minutes ago, Hakemon said:

Try another CPU, if all else fails then maybe the motherboard is just shot.  But still, a POST card is good to have on hand anyway.

what is the advantage of this over a debug speaker?

21 hours ago, Hakemon said:

Well for one, your speaker is producing nadda, so a POST card will show you a hexadecimal value based on the BIOS as to what is going on.  If you get nothing, either the BIOS doesn't support a POST card, or the motherboard is entirely shot.

could you point me to a good one?

everywhere...as above pic shows, they're 10 for $1.50 from aliexpress, sometimes fleabay and likely $4.95 from your local PC parts store...thieves!!