Problem

Yogi53

I was lucky enough to obtain a rx5700 xt for an early Christmas but upon trying anything with it I encountered freezups. I could do anything other than gaming and be fine. I have a seasonic 500 watt power supply, could this be the problem? And if it is what would be some good pcu replacements? Any advice is appreciated!!!

7 minutes ago, Colin Donoghue said:

Did you download drivers for the card

Yes I downloaded the new software 

What was your last graphics card? What model power supply? What other PC specs?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

28 minutes ago, Yogi53 said:

with it I encountered freezups

at least it booted, freeze under load or randomly??

-download ddu and reinstall drivers / reinstall (new partition) windows

-swap pcie slots

20 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

What was your last graphics card? What model power supply? What other PC specs?

It is a seasonic power supply my last was an RX 580 and my motherboard is a msi b 450 m gaming plus I have a ryzen 5 3600 CPU.

18 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

at least it booted, freeze under load or randomly??

-download ddu and reinstall drivers / reinstall (new partition) windows

-swap pcie slots

My motherboard only has one pcie slot and I can try to reinstall.

33 minutes ago, Yogi53 said:

It is a seasonic power supply my last was an RX 580 and my motherboard is a msi b 450 m gaming plus I have a ryzen 5 3600 CPU.

What model PSU

I would try DDU as mentioned above but might still not help. What specifically causes freezes, is it games or just YouTube and stuff? What kind of freeze is it, total system freeze or stuttery behavior?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

What model PSU

I would try DDU as mentioned above but might still not help. What specifically causes freezes, is it games or just YouTube and stuff? What kind of freeze is it, total system freeze or stuttery behavior?

Like when I open the Witcher 3 it runs for a couple of frames then freezes but I can still pull up task manager and close it. Games are the only thing that does this.

9 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

What model PSU

Like when I open the Witcher 3 it runs for a couple of frames then freezes but I can still pull up task manager and close it. Games are the only thing that does this.

I looked on the box the GPU came in and it says I need a minimum of a 700 watt power supply but on neweggs power calculator it said I only need 370 if messing with the drivers doesn't work could this be the issue?