mouse is ON,when PC turned off

Hellow guys.

Well I just noticed when I turn off PC and move the mouse it lights up so obviously somehow is getting current from USB.

How can I disable this,without switching off PSU?

The MB is Rampage V.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

You may have to change the sleep state in the BIOS to be a deeper one. If you don't move the mouse though, you're fine (unless you have a furry friend who'll move it on their own).

3 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

You may have to change the sleep state in the BIOS to be a deeper one. If you don't move the mouse though, you're fine (unless you have a furry friend who'll move it on their own).

oh where can I find those settings in BIOS?Asus ROG bios options are a bit complicated.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Just now, frozensun said:

oh where can I find those settings in BIOS?Asus ROG bios options are a bit complicated.

I'm not quite sure, I don't have an Asus BIOS to look at. You should look in the motherboard manual for it.

But here is a link from a quick Google search which should hopefully help. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88537-Where-to-find-S1-S4-sleep-setting-in-UEFI-BIOS

9 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

He's turning off the pc , not setting it to sleep

I believe it's the "AI charge" feature that deliberately keeps power to the USB ports when the system is off so you can charge stuff. Might want to try disabling that. 

Probably can only enable/disable from the (terrible) AI Suite sotware, not from the BIOS.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I'll uninstall the suite and see then...

Just connected USB hub and yes it's getting power from USB...

Must be some option under BIOS I'll need to run over manual of the MoBo...

Uninstalling the suite wouldn't disable it, disabling it in the suite would...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

Naah it's not the suite,there is no such option in the sofware,must be some feature in BIOS.

Just ran through manual no such options under power managment nor usb settings... weird one :(

if I switch to the keyboard nope it doesn't light up...how come mouse lights up and kb doesn't?

No it's really software, namely the "USB Charger+" plugin to AI Suite. The latest AI suite doesn't have it anymore, you've got to go download an older version from the website which has all the plugins...

Version 1.01.01  2015/09/09

Then install just that plugin, it'll show as one more line in AI Suite. There you can disable it.

Trash motherboard software is gonna be trash.

Might also want to just change usb port, seems it could be only the "ROG Connect" one that stays powered...

F@H

GPD Win 2

12 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

No it's really software, namely the "USB Charger+" plugin to AI Suite. The latest AI suite doesn't have it anymore, you've got to go download an older version from the website which has all the plugins...

Version 1.01.01  2015/09/09

Then install just that plugin, it'll show as one more line in AI Suite. There you can disable it.

Trash motherboard software is gonna be trash.

Might also want to just change usb port, seems it could be only the "ROG Connect" one that stays powered...

Damn,too late, I've unistalled the old AI Software,what now?

I noticed that mouse lights up only when I click it.

ROG Connect is Off,everything in motherboard doesn't light up I disabled that few days ago.

I don't think I can install just USB Charger plus,but let me see...

Damn any chance you found the link to older version so I can download it and install again?

I found the link,this is weird start and reset buttons on mobo still light up when pc is off,even rog logo lights up,and I disabled ROG effects in BIOS.

1 hour ago, EL02 said:

He's turning off the pc , not setting it to sleep

It still applies to a low power or no power state when the machine is off. 

I installed same version of AI Suite,no such option USB Charger in software nor I see it in installed applications.

Is it normal when PC is off that power and reset buttons on MoBo light up,and ROG logo blinks?

With the version I mentioned you should have a list of plugins including the USB Charger+

Clipboard02.jpg.6b01d278801b82fc7e41ed3be8239642.jpg

That gives you this

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.fe0688e9dbb9ee180f736a12c7a976c1.jpg

F@H

GPD Win 2

8 hours ago, Kilrah said:

With the version I mentioned you should have a list of plugins including the USB Charger+

Clipboard02.jpg.6b01d278801b82fc7e41ed3be8239642.jpg

That gives you this

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.fe0688e9dbb9ee180f736a12c7a976c1.jpg

Mate,I haven't installed that version,as i previously mentioned that to you.let me screenshot to you about version I installed.

So obviously AI suite is not cause of my problem.

Screen Shot 12-16-19 at 07.48 AM.PNG

2 hours ago, frozensun said:

Mate,I haven't installed that version,as i previously mentioned that to you.

And I precisely keep telling you that you need to install that version in order to have access to it because newer ones don't have it anymore...  ?‍♂️

F@H

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

And I precisely keep telling you that you need to install that version in order to have access to it because newer ones don't have it anymore...  ?‍♂️

Why would I install the version which has that option if I don't want it?

I'm misunderstanding you.Installing that version would give me that option which I don't want besides I've installed version which doesn't have USB Charger + plugin so obviously AI Suite is not the cause of this issue.

If I installed your version of software then YES I agree otherwise no...

10 hours ago, frozensun said:

Is it normal when PC is off that power and reset buttons on MoBo light up,and ROG logo blinks?

go into bios, search for erp and enable S4+S5

5 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

oh okay.let me try it.

what that option does?

what's ErP and S4+S5 specifically?

19 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I'm misunderstanding you.Installing that version would give me that option which I don't want besides I've installed version which doesn't have USB Charger + plugin so obviously AI Suite is not the cause of this issue.

That version allows you to configure whether you want the feature enabled or not - if it enabled itself somehow then that's the way you have to reconfigure it and disable it...

F@H

GPD Win 2

On 12/16/2019 at 9:48 AM, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

thanks mate,it worked,cheers....