Mouse advice

Burnedice25

I just got a mouse from a friend, a really nice, barley used G502. It's the first mouse I've gotten that isn't a generic crappy piece of %&$#. But when i plugged it in, everything working except the main part, the laser.

I really want this mouse to work, what are my options? How hard would it be to fix?

(currently talking to Logitech support to see what they can do.) 

You mean the sensor's laser? None of the good mouse sensors use a laser.They all use IR led's instead.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

You mean the sensor's laser? None of the good mouse sensors use a laser.They all use IR led's instead.

ok, update. The mouse works! But only on my black leather wallet. Soooooooo i dont know anymore.

plus side, i learnt what the difference between a laser and optical mouse is

Just now, Burnedice25 said:

ok, update. The mouse works! But only on my black leather wallet. Soooooooo i dont know anymore.

plus side, i learnt what the difference between a laser and optical mouse is

Do you have a glass desk? Because AFAIK, optical sensors don't work very well on glass surfaces. You should probably get a mousepad anyway though. You can find some good medium-large sized ones for $10-20.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Do you have a glass desk? Because AFAIK, optical sensors don't work very well on glass surfaces. You should probably get a mousepad anyway though. You can find some good medium-large sized ones for $10-20.

it didnt work on my friends mouse pad either. he has a whole desk, high quality one

4 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

it didnt work on my friends mouse pad either. he has a whole desk, high quality one

Oh, that's weird. You should contact logitech, they'll probably replace it with a working one. (assuming it's still under warranty)

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Oh, that's weird. You should contact logitech, they'll probably replace it with a working one. (assuming it's still under warranty)

yeah, only problem is tho i didnt buy it. it was given to me by a friend who got it off a op shop.

1 minute ago, Burnedice25 said:

yeah, only problem is tho i didnt buy it. it was given to me by a friend who got it off a op shop.

If you have the serial number (usually printed on the back of the mouse) it's worth a shot.

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

If you have the serial number (usually printed on the back of the mouse) it's worth a shot.

yeah, im trying