Weird nvidia problem

Recker

Hey everyone!

So yesterday i booted up my PC to see a load of purple artifact pixel type things over my screen. I got into windows and rebooted and it went away and thought maybe it was a driver problem so i did the DDU in safe mode installed the latest drivers 441.66 and swapped my DP cable for a brand new one just in case.

I booted up this morning and it was back! Once it got into windows i went to turn my second monitor on to see if the purple things were on that screen but when i right clicked on my desktop nvidia control panel wasn't there it wasn't even in my system tray or in task manager / processes. After 2-3 reboots control panel is back and every is back to normal lol I've tried stress tests like furmark / 3dmark / unigine superposition and the graphics card has been just fine with not artifacting or any weirdness.

Any idea's what i should do? As i've never experienced this before.

Is it an rtx card, the first batch of those have an artifacting issue like you mentioned. I had to rma my card like 3-4 times around launch

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

38 minutes ago, Recker said:

No its a gtx 1080

You should rma it

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

Sounds like card is about to go bust sooner or later. If you can RMA..

It doesn't make sense that geforce experience is still on my PC when this happens every morning but the control panel isn't.

Even if i search for it in search box it's not there and when i open GFE it tries to install drivers again lol 

After a reboot or 2 its back to normal and the weird coloured pixels all over the screen vanish.

if Control Panel is not on desktop context menu or tray bar meaning Nvidia Display Container service failed to start or disabled. Check windows event viewer for errors. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

0a97(2b84) 00000000 00000000

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

This is the only one that points toward a component.

That's kinda weird, maybe you didn't reboot your pc for a long time after installing Nvidia driver. See if it happen again in few days.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

It happened again not long after i installed the new drivers.

I did DDU in safe mode rebooted installed in normal windows turned my PC off came back a hour later booted my PC up it came to the bios loading screen then the colour pixel show started and the control panel was gone again lol 

Then after 2 reboots pixels are gone and everything is back to normal. I've googled that code and some other peoples come up with The following information was included with the event: \Device\Video3 but mine doesn't its just a code.

3 minutes ago, Recker said:

I did DDU in safe mode rebooted installed in normal windows turned my PC off came back a hour later booted my PC up it came to the bios loading screen then the colour pixel show started and the control panel was gone again lol 

You turned off your PC instead of rebooted, you should always reboot after installing any driver. 

Maybe that had something to do with it but i highly doubt it.

After i installed the new drivers and rebooted the first time i did this it kept spamming me about nvidia control panel isn't installed on the Microsoft store lol is there something wrong with these drivers?

9 minutes ago, Recker said:

After i installed the new drivers and rebooted the first time i did this it kept spamming me about nvidia control panel isn't installed on the Microsoft store lol is there something wrong with these drivers?

There's 2 types of driver, DCH and standard. If you install DCH driver you need to get Nvidia Control Panel from MS Store. The one from Nvidia website suggestion is DCH driver.

Yeah the first one i installed was from their site so it must have been default DCH as it was telling me to get control panel from the store.

So i did the advanced search on their site and downloaded standard.]

I honestly don't know what to do those purple and green pixels all over the screen don't popup during stress tests gaming nothing. I've reinstalled the drivers 4 times now even made sure windows update was disabled and even unplugged the ethernet cable just to make sure nothing funny was going on.

You can try lowering either core or memory clock to troubleshoot which one causing it.