youtube dimming in full-screan (HDR related?) + lost displayport signal

Hi,

Need a little help, I got a https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34GK950F-B-gaming-monitor LG ultragear 34" and haven't had issues since I got it.

Until yesterday, last night I updated my AMD video driver (for a MSI 5700 XT, if that makes a difference), and immediately I noticed when I went full-screen my screen would dim.

Now testing this, it seems to only do this when I go full screen in my Firefox Browser.

It does not dim the screen in Chrome browser, the netflix app, or VLC player.

Now the kicker, like I said, is that this didn't happen until I updated the AMD driver.

Yesterday, I updated through the Radeon app to 19.12.1, and then today I had to manually update to the 19.12.2 (for some reason the app didn't show it, so I downloaded and updated).

But now whenever I maximize a video in Firefox the entire screen goes dim.

Anyone have an idea on what I am missing.

I have tried resetting the monitor settings.

I have tried to reset my display setting in Windows.

Thanks for having a look.

EDIT 1

I am going to add an extra tidbit.

Today, my monitor went fully black with the message "Displayport signal not found", while playing a move in VLC.

The system wasn't locked up, at least I don't think it was, the audio was still playing and I could pause and start using the space button.

Not sure what caused it, but I couldn't get the signal back unless I reset my computer.

If I can't figure it out, I'll go back to the old driver.

I also have the same problem in VLC in my OP7. Whenever I try to go full screen it the colours would wash out.