Windows 10 only 8gb of 16gb is usable

MobPlays

I just bought a new ram kit and both sticks are detected in the bios and show up in cpuz, but only 8gb is usable. 

Did you install the sticks correctly in the motherboard? Typically, it is slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. Check your motherboard manual to be certain.

Was the new kit a 2x8GB kit? Or did you get two separate 8GB sticks? (not retail packaged together)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I bought a 16 gig kit of g.skil ripjaws v i found the problem just trying to figure out how to fix it 8gb of it is hardware reserved and so far every "fix" ive found for it has not worked

and yes they are installed correctly double checked the manual to see and it says slot 2 and 4 which is what i have them in.