First dSLR Flash

Hey guys,

I want to buy a flash for my dSLR (Canon T3 or the 1100D) I saw some cheap ones in my local shop. What do you think about the Yongnou YN 560 II or III. Will it work with my camera? Have you had them before? I am a beginner. Any help is welcome.

I now have 3 Yongnuo 560 IIs, all of mine have been great and working perfectly to this date. I have 2 580 ex IIs as well.

There's no difference in the quality of light and the output is fairly similar. The build quality is really good considering the price. I'm guessing the weaknesses are going to be quality control and longevity, but I haven't had to experience any issues there yet and I've had them for a couple of years now.

I use them frequently on location due to the likelihood of them being damaged, they have had a fair few knocks and still going strong (The translucent cover on the light sensor came off one of them, but I just glued it back on :lol:).

They don't have ETTL so they are completely manual, that doesn't really bother me I'm always in manual anyway. 

I buy them because I couldn't care less if they break, but I'm always recommending them to people who are looking for a cheap introduction into flash.

I have the Yongnuo 460 and am very happy with it.

Nothing to see here - move along.