new PC keeps freezing

whoisjaya

So I just put together my "new" PC consisting of a Ryzen 7 2700X on a Gigabyte AX370M-Gaming 3 with my old R9 380 Nitro 4GB and my old 16 gigs of RAM and it keeps freezing and can't seem to find the reason why... :(

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

and PSU model? 

Try use one stick of RAM and see if problem persist.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

7 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

and PSU model? 

Try use one stick of RAM and see if problem persist.

Will try using just one stick, especially given they're of different speeds and all of that.
My PSU's a Xilence 630W 80+ Bronze: https://www.xilence.net/en/power-supplies/12
Have had it for three years and I don't really remember having any issues with it.?

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage

#PCMasterrace

First of all. Try with "better" psu. While 80+bronze is not bad, have not heard about Xilence and 630W is odd.

Check with one ram stick. Check whit different speeds using ryzen master. Can you tell us the model of your ram by using cpuz and openind "SPD" tab.

It could be your cpu. See temps whit hwinfo64 and make sure they are under 100c. Cehck your cpu in another  system

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

Could be an CPU pressure issue, xsilence is a german brand btw, so i guess the psu should be ok...ish

Prüf mal ob die CPU und der Kühler richtig sitzt klingt als läge da das problem

So, I tried using my PC with just one stick of ram in different slots, but it doesn't really seem to do anything. Also, I've noticed quite some differences in the time it "takes" my pc to freeze. So I was just watching something for a good 10 minutes, although I think the pc's locked up sooner before...

EDIT: The CPU cooler seems to be sat flush with the cpu...

My gear:

#PCMasterrace

Right after submitting my last edit, it crashed again. Although this time, it BSODed and it said clock_watchdog_timeout, which from what I've read would support @Artherion's thesis of something being off about the CPU.

My gear:

#PCMasterrace

So, I tried a coupla things.
Not only did I pull off the heatsink which by the way was seated perfectly if I do say so myself(jk, it was mounted properly tho), and I accidentally pulled the CPU out with it and got the cooler stuck, which is probably how I bent some of the pins. After I-don't-know-how-long of carefully cleaning them up and bending them back, I installed the mainboard's drivers in order to eliminate some variables. When all of a sudden, the PC didn't wanna boot anymore(we're talking off of the new SSD I freshly installed windows onto just today), I "refreshed" it through Windows' repairing thingy and installed the drivers again, only for the machine to crash over and over.
So I'm back on my old set of 2 HDDs and my SSD now and I haven't had a crash in about two hours - granted with only one of my two sticks of ram as I haven't really had the urge to put the other one back in just yet, although I expect it to work -, so especially given the SSD isn't on the mobo's compatibility list, I'm guessing that's what caused the errors and might return it if further testing proves this hypothesis right.

Thanks for all of your thoughts, opinions, and advice! xqcL

My gear:

#PCMasterrace

1 hour ago, Artherion said:

@Jonas_2909 lulwhat?!... never expected that the SSD is the Problem :D

Neither, but I can't really think of anything else that could've caused the crashes considering everything's fine when I don't boot off of it...

My gear:

#PCMasterrace