Need Assistance Choosing NAS OS (Freenas, Unraid, OpenMedia Vault etc.)

Dvrman123

Hello,

I need assistance choosing a NAS OS, I have no idea where to start. I've seen many around Freenas, Unraid, Openmediavault, windows server etc. These seem to be the most popular ones. 

I have all my parts and will be building this in the next few days (Hardware from an older pc).

i5-6600k 

16gb ram

3 - 4tb NAS Drives (Will be getting a fourth later planning on doing RAID5)

What I'm Planning on using the system for:

• File storage and redundancy, I do lots of photography and would like to use this a storage but also be able to grab and edit things from here too. I would like to be able to access my files in a similar way to google drive or one drive if possible. I have 300mb internet so hopefully this is possible. 

• I'm planning on creating a Plex Media server that is accessible from outside the network.

• I would like to be able to access the servers UI from another computer in the house if I need to do any modifications to it.

• Be able to run a virtual machine or two.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I can't figure out which one to go to and am really looking for ease of use with lots of video or article support available for the harder things. I feel like I need someone to just tell me to pick this one and why.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! :)