.csv databasing and some extras.

Malscythe
8 hours ago, Malscythe said:

Okay that makes a lot of sense actually, but my next issue is I see a lot of people always saying "We are going to make these two tables communicate to each other". So far I haven't seen anything about not talking to each other at all, I just want the transactions and customer info to be seperate in the database, I have no reason for them to be together. Is SQL still my best choice than? Do I have to make both tables talk?

There are a couple of things they could be referring to, and I'm not 100% sure which it is.

Databases generally don't do anything.  They simply store data.  Changes usually come externally, either because a user is modifying them, or a program/service is doing so.  So each table isn't a process/thread that's constantly running in the background.

They might be referring to the id/BrandNumber as I said earlier.  In the customer table, you would store all the customer info, and then have some column which is used to uniquely identify that row (usually an identity or GUID column).

Then, when you want to link that customer to a row in a different table, you simply store that customer id value, rather than copying all customer info, which will save you a lot of space.