Decals on case

miagisan

I am building a new system for myself for Christmas, and I am theming it to match the Mass Effect N7 colors. 

Question: I bought the meshify c, and want to put an n7 decal on the glass side panel. I want something that is not permanent in case I want to remove it at a later date. Would this work? Want to print my own logo and adjust it as needed:

https://www.grafixarts.com/products/cling-film/

Also, any recommendations are welcomed. 

Thanks. 

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

13 hours ago, miagisan said:

I am building a new system for myself for Christmas, and I am theming it to match the Mass Effect N7 colors. 

Question: I bought the meshify c, and want to put an n7 decal on the glass side panel. I want something that is not permanent in case I want to remove it at a later date. Would this work? Want to print my own logo and adjust it as needed:

https://www.grafixarts.com/products/cling-film/

Also, any recommendations are welcomed. 

Thanks. 

When I get home in a few days, I will send you the pics if my case and the vinyl that I used to make it. They peel off cleanly when you want to change it up. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

15 hours ago, miagisan said:

-SNIP-

You would be better to use vinyl wrap which is essentially a sticker that can be peeled off. That being just a static film won't be smooth or lay down as nice as a proper decal. 

On 12/9/2019 at 11:43 AM, Zusafek said:

When I get home in a few days, I will send you the pics if my case and the vinyl that I used to make it. They peel off cleanly when you want to change it up. 

Thanks!!! That would be great!

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

On 12/9/2019 at 1:48 PM, W-L said:

You would be better to use vinyl wrap which is essentially a sticker that can be peeled off. That being just a static film won't be smooth or lay down as nice as a proper decal. 

do you have a link to something you recommend?

— Grumpy old man

5 minutes ago, miagisan said:

Thanks!!! That would be great!

That's the front panel of my P400S from Phanteks. I'm still not home but will be on Thursday which will let me find out the exact vinyl I'm using. But my case is still being modified and upgraded as well. Right now my case is in the closet with no PSU, GPU, or cooling system. 

IMG_20180730_150631044.jpg

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Just now, Zusafek said:

That's the front panel of my P400S from Phanteks. I'm still not home but will be on Thursday which will let me find out the exact vinyl I'm using. But my case is still being modified and upgraded as well. Right now my case is in the closet with no PSU, GPU, or cooling system. 

IMG_20180730_150631044.jpg

That looks great! Greatly appreciate the help.

You sparked another question of mine...if i am putting it on glass  (with some lights within the case on low just to add ambiance), would clear vinyl be better than white (I know you wouldn't be able to print "White" on clear)?

— Grumpy old man

1 minute ago, miagisan said:

That looks great! Greatly appreciate the help.

You sparked another question of mine...if i am putting it on glass  (with some lights within the case on low just to add ambiance), would clear vinyl be better than white (I know you wouldn't be able to print "White" on clear)?

It all depends on the situation. My wifes school computer has a giant pokeball done in vinyl on it and the rgb backlights make it light up rather nicely. I will ask her opinion when I get home and possibly test a few small sections to see how it looks. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

7 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

It all depends on the situation. My wifes school computer has a giant pokeball done in vinyl on it and the rgb backlights make it light up rather nicely. I will ask her opinion when I get home and possibly test a few small sections to see how it looks. 

Thank you very much again.

— Grumpy old man

1 hour ago, miagisan said:

do you have a link to something you recommend?

Etsy is a good place for custom decals or unique designs. If you want to make your own design and have something in mind you can check local for signage shops as most will have the ability to cut out custom vinyl stickers.