Redoing my LAN, completely :) Advice on a small server rack... random tech gibbering...

Failquail

At the moment, we're having a big house extension done, which will pretty much double the floorspace of the ground floor...
3 bed house to 4 bed house:

Currently my room, brother/his wife's room and mother's room upstairs
kitchen, living room and dining room downstairs

New layout:
My room, brother/his wife's room (bed only), New tech room, (Gaming, board gaming, brothers/wife's PCs and i'm planning a server rack, 3d printer)
Living room, kitchen and mum's room downstairs...

So as we're mostly tearing the house apart, i'm using it to rewire the entire house...

I have a new reel of cat6 cable, connectors on order.

I'm planning to replace my cobbled together* network with rackmount parts.

but therin lies my question... What sort of rackmount do i need?

It doesn't need to be tall, i can't see me using more than say 10U height (patch panel, pfsense router, switch, 2x 2u servers, maybe an extra tray for the Fibre modem? then some spare slots)

But what depth should i go for do you reckon?
Planning a generic ATX PC in a server rackmount case for the first server at least, but ebay ex-corporate servers may be an option for the second...

*-the network backbone is literally three daisy-chained 5-8port gigabit switches...

There are "dorm sized room refrigerator" height racks out there.  I would take a look at Amazon.  They can easily wheel into a closet or under a desk even.  There are also wall mount racks, but I would be sure and screw into the wood studs all the way around as it sounds like there will be a lot of weight in that rack.  The floor mounted wheeled one about 3-4 feet tall would probably be your best bet.

a common depth is 29" for servers so if its fully enclosed I would get something a little bigger to allow more room for cables