Lenovo H420 Upgrading from a i5-2320 to a i7-2600

So I was wanting to get a i7-2600, So I kinda know it's was going to be supported but before that I would want to confirm that it would work cause that it's a second gen, Then I can't really find what kind of chip set it has cause it has to H61 and read somewhere that it's a H77 but was not sure about that so I was thinking of still getting it but not sure if it would work and just not post or boot into windows, So then I figured I should ask people who know more about compatibility and all that jazz 

Hard one for old hardware.  In your situation I’d try to find the manual and see if it is listed as a supported chip.  If the paper one is gone there might still be one online.

also that was one of the longest single sentences I’ve read in maybe a year.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Hard one for old hardware.  In your situation I’d try to find the manual and see if it is listed as a supported chip.  If the paper one is gone there might still be one online.

also that was one of the longest single sentences I’ve read in maybe a year.

My bad about that I was ina rush typing it. but thanks for helping!

31 minutes ago, SauceBauce said:

Then I can't really find what kind of chip set it has cause it has to H61 and read somewhere that it's a H77 but was not sure about that so I was thinking of still getting

h61 is the barebone chipset which you can only buy new right now, all other stopped production...

other chipsets have fancier io/ ports/ slots etc

only consider when you have everything else already on hand