Brand new PC, Windows 10 Flashing Screen problem

So I just built a brand new PC a few weeks back, and this started happening all of a sudden: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RBxEVxnHeSviYJQv5

Screen would constantly flash, no icons would appear, and I wasn't able to interact with any explorer windows but the task manager. I could barely even move it around. Seemed like the "Windows Explorer" task was constantly restarting (it said suspended in task mngr). It literally started out of nowhere, and didn't go away after a few reboots. Had to boo into safe mode, and use DDU to remove the graphics drivers. Now it seems to be back to normal, but the issue got me worried.

Does anyone have any idea of what might have caused it? Could it have been just a weird bug and nothing to worry about, or would it be something more serious?

I am of the personal opinion that computers are at best dirt stupid. As such there is no such thing as a weird bug that is nothing to worry about.  They work right or there is something wrong.

in order to find out what might be wrong your motherboard model and gpu model would be needed.  May also need other stuff depending on what that reveals but let’s start with that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 12/4/2019 at 5:59 PM, Bombastinator said:

I am of the personal opinion that computers are at best dirt stupid. As such there is no such thing as a weird bug that is nothing to worry about.  They work right or there is something wrong.

in order to find out what might be wrong your motherboard model and gpu model would be needed.  May also need other stuff depending on what that reveals but let’s start with that.

Hey! Sorry I took so long to see your answer! The mobo is an Aorus B450M by Gigabyte, and the GPU is an RTX 2070 also by Gigabyte (the one with 3 coolers). I've recently experienced a blue screen out of nowhere with the error "FAULTY HARDWARE CORRUPTED PAGE", and sometimes see artifacts in Red Dead Redemption 2. Haven't really played anything else, so could be just RDR2 being weird (not the first person to report that), but the blue screen got me worried.

Sorry again for the delay!

1 hour ago, Gizambica said:

Hey! Sorry I took so long to see your answer! The mobo is an Aorus B450M by Gigabyte, and the GPU is an RTX 2070 also by Gigabyte (the one with 3 coolers). I've recently experienced a blue screen out of nowhere with the error "FAULTY HARDWARE CORRUPTED PAGE", and sometimes see artifacts in Red Dead Redemption 2. Haven't really played anything else, so could be just RDR2 being weird (not the first person to report that), but the blue screen got me worried.

Hi, I would recommend you try to debug your components to see if and what component is causing these problems, there really isn't any other way. Try getting your hands on another graphics card to start with, and see if the problem remain.

Best of luck

4 minutes ago, Trumerik said:

Hi, I would recommend you try to debug your components to see if and what component is causing these problems, there really isn't any other way. Try getting your hands on another graphics card to start with, and see if the problem remain.

Best of luck

The biggest hurdle is the problem is very temperamental. It's only happened a couple of times, seemingly at random. I'm still well within warranty period, so the problem might become more frequent with time. I guess I could spend a day on it, doing extensive testing and such, but that'd be a pain. I'll try and pay attention to see if I can spot anything werid.

Thanks for the input!

Edited by Gizambica

2 minutes ago, Gizambica said:

The biggest hurdle is the problem is very temperamental. It's only happened a couple of times, seemingly at random. I'm still well within warranty period, so the problem might become more frequent with time. I guess I could spend a day on it, doing extensive testing and such, but that'd be a pain. I'll try and pay attention to it to see if I can spot anything werid.

Thanks for the input!

No problem. Also make sure you have the latest drivers for everything.

1 hour ago, Gizambica said:

Yeah RDR2 as the only test vehicle makes things hard.  Separating RDR2 bugs from hardware bugs is nearly undoable.  I think RDR2 is capable of making a blue screen.  It’s threaded.  Threaded apps sort of abandon the OS and write their own bare metal code, so a blue screen is real doable.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.