Mobile Hotspot now or later?

Andrewf
Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,

Mobile Hotspot is a bad idea in my opinion. If you've never tried to use a hotspot for gaming don't, its absolutely terrible. My suggestion would be to get powerline adapters. They essentially convert the electrical wiring in your house into Ethernet. There are a lot at different prices but depending on your houses wiring and which adapters you get you could even get pretty much your full download and upload speeds. One plugs into the router and a wall outlet next to it the other into your ethernet port on your device and a wall outlet next to it creating a hardline connection.

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Powerline-Adapter-Ethernet-Passthrough/dp/B0778Y6K6N/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=powerline+adapter&psr=EY17&qid=1575487617&s=cyber-monday&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sr=1-1

1 hour ago, Andrewf said:

Is there a way to fix it without going into the wiring? The house is pretty old from ~1960s and we just had faulty wiring fixed as well.

Unfortunately if your electrical wiring is old and you have dirty power they may not work for you. Return the ones from bestbuy and wait for the better ones to arrive. If you still have the same issue with the better ones then I don't think they will work for you in your home. You could also try purchasing a better router. Depending on the router you have a long range wireless router or a ubuiqiti access point may be a good idea.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

17 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Unfortunately if your electrical wiring is old and you have dirty power they may not work for you. Return the ones from bestbuy and wait for the better ones to arrive. If you still have the same issue with the better ones then I don't think they will work for you in your home. You could also try purchasing a better router. Depending on the router you have a long range wireless router or a ubuiqiti access point may be a good idea.

There's too many walls so the range becomes almost irrelevant. I suppose I'll just see if the better one works or not. If not, of well.