lowering rez from 2K to 1980p od 31.5 inch monitor,side effects?

frozensun

Hey guys.

Just want to know if while playing games I switch to play at 1080p from ingame menu, (monitor is 2560x1440 capable),will the picture quality be so bad compared like to 24-27 inches monitors at 1080p?

I want to lower resolution, because I don't own graphics card who can play demanding AAA games at 1440p,and buy 2560x1440 because pricing on this model is not bad at all.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

I have an old post discussing this in detail. The short answer is yes, it will look worse than on a native display. If you have some use for a 1440p monitor but will lower the resolution occasionally to play a few games then sure, go for it, but if you're only buying it for games and will lower the resolution in all of them then just don't bother and get a cheaper 1080p screen.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I have an old post discussing this in detail. The short answer is yes, it will look worse than on a native display. If you have some use for a 1440p monitor but will lower the resolution occasionally to play a few games then sure, go for it, but if you're only buying it for games and will lower the resolution in all of them then just don't bother and get a cheaper 1080p screen.

I supposed that,so 31.5 inch is so bad at 1080p?

But I don't understand,I own TV which is 40 inches at 1080p and picture is great at 1080p,and this is just 31.5 inches.

Besides I think you have some 32 inch monitors at 1080p,I remember one from Asus.

As for playing AAA games at 1440p I own GTX 1660 Ti,and that one is pretty bad for 1440p at high/ultra,huh?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

I concur.  I do this with a 1440p monitor.  My card is too weak to play some games at 1440p.  (Hopefully this will change soon) I do it anyway though because I like the big desktop.  It is fuzzier though, and a big desktop definitely isn’t worth a Benjamin.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I concur.  I do this with a 1440p monitor.  My card is too weak to play some games at 1440p.  (Hopefully this will change soon) I do it anyway though because I like the big desktop.  It is fuzzier though, and a big desktop definitely isn’t worth a Benjamin.

what card do we need for 1440p at high/ultra settings?

15 minutes ago, frozensun said:

what card do we need for 1440p at high/ultra settings?

At good refresh rates? Refresh rate matters a lot . A bigun.  Some sort of “1080 card” at least.  5700xt maybe? 2070?  Maybe bigger.  Depends a lot on the game.   I stuck a 5700xt in mine briefly and saw amazing numbers but I don’t think they were accurate.  My monitor wouldn’t register right.  I had to take it back.  Whether your CPU can drive the frames is another matter though.  I don’t have any system specs from you.

Edited by Bombastinator
Hit post button accidentally

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, frozensun said:

I supposed that,so 31.5 inch is so bad at 1080p?

I'm not talking about size, I'm talking about resolution. A native 1440p monitor running at 1080p will look worse than a native 1080p monitor. Size is irrelevant in this case.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

41 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I'm not talking about size, I'm talking about resolution. A native 1440p monitor running at 1080p will look worse than a native 1080p monitor. Size is irrelevant in this case.

Oooh ok,I'm curious to know why?

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

Oooh ok,I'm curious to know why?

As I told you before, I have a detailed post that explains it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

As I told you before, I have a detailed post that explains it.

ok friend,looking forward to know about that.Thx.

31.5 inch viewing from a meter distance,is that okay?